September 10th was Tanker’s Day and Wargaming was present on the celebrations. During the event, Anton Pankov and Slava Makarov awnsered a few questions. There isn’t a lot of new information, but there are a few new details that confirms what to expect in the near future.
Source: WOT Express
Anton Pankov – World of Tanks Executive Producer
- Poland is one of the most active Nations playing World of Tanks. There are more Polish players (2,900,000) than Belarusians (2,000,000).
- There is increasing interest in the game from the Chinese, and the Germans like to collect more tanks – German players have the rarest tanks.
- There are plans for Special Crews to be introduced. Anton Pankov doesn’t dismiss the possibility of a Belarusian crew.
- e-Sports don’t bring any profits to Wargaming. Development of tournaments for players over the age 30-40 threshold is underway, the so called unprofessional league.
Slava Makarov – World of Tanks Product Director
- The trade-in mechanism was planned to be inclueded in the game launch, seven years ago.
- There are plans to change the User Interface, from new elements to restructuring old ones.
- Personal Mission User Interface isn’t perfect but it will be fixed soon.
- HD Maps will be tested on Sandbox very soon. Wargaming is currently trying to optimize as much as possible.
- Wargaming treats Clan Wars very seriously and will rectify any previous mistakes.
- Wargaming stopped unfinished content and modes from being implemented. Implementation of new content is a lot more thorough and things are done carefully, this is the reason why Wargaming uses Sandbox to test new ideas.
- Italian tanks will have to be implemented in the game, and the branch will feature just Italian tanks, even post-war. No ETA for now.
- ATGM vehicles won’t probably be implemented on regular battles. Maybe in some special modes, like in World of Tanks Blitz.
- Balance department has undergone personnel changes, especially higher positions.
- Rebalancing old premium tanks can be very difficult. If something is changed, it will create discontent with some players, or other players will still think it hasn’t improved enough. Slava is currently waiting horrified for the moment Wargaming decides to change the KV-5, whose rebalancing is regularly postponed.
- The new 2D customisation system might be coming to test on Sandbox soon if work goes well, as there is already a working technical prototype. Players will be able to change colours, size of the spots, etc. This mechanism requires huge improvements on the interface.
- 3D customization is in fact a brand new interface. Wargaming is currently working on it too.
- New customization system looks good and it will give players a lot of settings to customize how their tanks are painted externally. Players won’t be able to paint tanks pink of course, despite the historicity of an IS-2 painted pink.
- Wargaming is already working on a brand new New Year event.
- Sergey Burkatovskiy was indignant about special matchmaking tanks, and now it’s clear it was a mistake. There are some problems with individual preferential tanks and Wargaming is preparing to rebalance them. There is the possibility that nothing will work on some tanks, in those cases, Wargaming is ready to offer a buy-back option.
- Sooner or later there will be wheeled vehicles added into the game. But, there is a lot of work before they can be introduced, mostly physics.
- There enough historical wheeled vehicles to introduce them as a light branch up to Tier X. They won’t be introduced any time soon.
- A feature to hide your stats should be introduced, but there are a number of nuances that makes this very complicated. Wargaming is thinking that this might be among the allowed mods. But this will only happen once the client is shut down for mods, which is being taken care off.