December being just around the corner means it’s about time for Holiday Ops to arrive in World of Tanks! Get ready for the most wonderful time of the year—full of joy, great presents, and valuable rewards.
During Holiday Ops 2024, a festive Village will appear in place of your standard Garage, filled with the spirit of the season and friendly characters. Make your Village shine even brighter and furnish it to your taste with decorations! This year, there’s a new guest star presiding over the celebration: Vinnie Jones, the renowned British footballer and actor who will add a unique flavor to the event with his missions and assignments. Join the festivities and prepare for a huge celebration!
Holiday Ops 2024
Resources: A Familiar Format
Much of this year’s Holiday Ops appears to function very similarly to last year’s, including the four resource types – Rock Crystal, Pure Emerald, Warm Amber, and Meteoric Iron – as well as their uses. Furthermore, they can be received from:
- Your village, once per-day (if you miss any days, you will receive a fixed amount more than the standard daily amount the next time you redeem — though, this will grant less than claiming them once every day)
- In your Best Friends’ Villages (up to two), once each per-day
- From opening Large Boxes
- As rewards for completing the standard Daily Missions:
|450 of a random resource type
|300 of a random resource type
|350 of a random resource type
|450 of a random resource type
Additionally, as with last year, any excess resources can be converted to other types at an exchange rate of 50:40.
Festive Atmosphere Levels
Festive Atmosphere level can be increased by upgrading each of the three (3) main decoration zones in your hangar (Christmas Tree, Fair, and Installation) with Rock Crystal and Pure Emerald. Each zone will have five (5) levels — reaching the final (5th) level for all three zones will get you to Festive Level X.
The upgrade levels for each of the three zones will grant the following number of Festive Atmosphere Points:
- Level 1 – +5 Festive Atmosphere Points
- Level 2 – +5 Festive Atmosphere Points
- Level 3 – +10 Festive Atmosphere Points
- Level 4 – +10 Festive Atmosphere Points
- Level 5 – +20 Festive Atmosphere Points
- (Total: 50 Points)
Festive Atmosphere Levels unlock at the following Festive Atmosphere Point levels:
- Level I: 0 Points
- Level II: 10 Points
- Level III: 20 Points
- Level IV: 30 Points
- Level V: 40 Points
- Level VI: 60 Points
- Level VII: 80 Points
- Level VIII: 100 Points
- Level IX: 120 Points
- Level X: 150 Points
Festive Atmosphere Levels: Rewards
Every new Festive Atmosphere Level will grant you a number of rewards upon reaching them. These include Personal Reserves, national and universal fragments, Crew Books, special crew members, a brand-new festive 2D style with unique Marks of Excellence, and much more.
Complete list of rewards for Festive Atmosphere Levels (in order from level 1-10):
Chaffee the Dog: Missions for Additional Gifts!
Chaffee the Dog has also returned from previous years — though this time, he’s better than ever. Now, you can spend money on gifts for him and get something in return
unlike last year! But seriously — it is not yet known whether the “in-game currency” specified below will be credits or gold (though the latter is more likely); however, gifts for Chaffee will be grouped into three (3) bundles this time around, and you will receive an extra Sack for each bundle purchased (totalling up to 4):
- The friendly pooch has been preparing for this year’s festivities: Chaffee will give you Sacks with cool rewards for completing his simple daily missions, starting with one Sack per mission.
- This smart canine is expecting some gifts, too! If you spend in-game currency to get him a Bundle of items made for dogs (beds, collars, toys, and food), you will receive one additional Sack per mission. There are three Bundles, so you can get up to four Sacks per mission. Up to 12 Sacks a day during a 39-day-long event is a lot!
- Note that the value of gifts inside the Sacks increases depending on the Bundle they are related to. (If you rub Chaffee’s back, he’ll rub yours—in a way!) Also, if you get a new Bundle after you have completed Chaffee’s daily missions, you will receive all that day’s Sacks associated with that Bundle. Among the possible gifts, there’s a special 2D style!
Furthermore, Bro-wards have returned from last year, allowing you to earn unique rewards simply for visiting your friends’ villages!
During Holiday Ops 2024, you can visit the Villages of any of your World of Tanks friends to admire them. On the day you join the event, two people from your friends list will be assigned the “Best Friend” status. Your initial Best Friends will be chosen from those who have already joined the event; you can replace them with different Best Friends if you would like. Once a day, pay a visit to their Villages and collect extra resources to boost your progress!
Don’t worry: the resources you receive in your Best Friends’ Villages are not subtracted from their stockpiles—you get them all for free!
Special Celebrity Guest: Vinnie Jones
It wouldn’t be Holiday Ops without a new celebrity guest!
As shown during the unveiling video (above), Vinnie Jones will be joining the game this year, including his own unique commander, decals, 2D styles, and more.
As with previous years’ guests, Vinnie brings with him a set of Assignments and Challenge Missions to complete:
- 20 Assignments, which require Warm Amber and Meteoric Iron to complete, and will yield permanent bonuses with each assignment completed. Furthermore, two sets of unique decals and two unique 2D styles can be received, with one of each being unlocked for every 5 assignments completed:
- The bonus to credits applies to all vehicles in the game, including Premium and rental ones, until the end of Holiday Ops on January 8, 2024, at 7:00 CET (UTC+1).
- Bonuses to XP also apply until the end of the event, but only one bonus can be active. By default, the bonus to Combat XP will be selected. You can change the type of active bonus to XP at any time in your Village. Active bonuses to XP apply to all vehicles in the game except Premium and rental ones.