World of Tanks – Developers Q&A 10/10/20163 min read
Latest Q&A with World of Tanks developers.
Yuri Kuryavy – Publishing Producer
- Radio of the new Swedes will be fixed;
- Personal missions are currently being worked on, we’ve said this multiple times already. We’ll announce them when they’re ready;
- Inscriptions and emblems with bonuses are not a priority right now. You yourselves said one year ago what you want to see – new matchmaking and balance;
- Global chat was very often used for insults and provocations. To remove this element, we decided to simply disable it;
- We’re currently experimenting with tournaments etc;
- Soon, there will be information on combatting illegal mods that you should like. We’re working on it;
- No plans to sell tier 10 tanks;
- No changes for the SU-100Y are planned;
- Can’t say anything about tier 10 Light Tanks right now, wait for official information;
Alexey Ilyin – Global Operating Producer
- Each patch, we look at the performance changes on slow computers. In the last patch, performance dropped slightly. We’re trying our hardest to prevent the point where the game won’t launch on old machines. If you have an old PC, the most important part is not the CPU, but the GPU, install the newest drivers, support of such players is and will be present;
- No plans to re-enable global chat, too much negativity;
- Sixth sense is working correctly, there was a bug which was fixed literally in 1 day, thanks for the bug reports;
- No plans to decrease sixth sense delay, if it would function instantly, everybody would just stand still;
- We have a huge player database over 6 years before the restoration feature came in 9.16. You can still restore 1 premium vehicle from your account history through support. We’re thinking about the future of this feature;
- We have statistics about the usage of mods, if a modification does not break gameplay and is not disputed we try to implement it into the client;
- Addition of zoom-out mod (almost whole map is visible) – it’s disputed, it would perform poorly on weak computers and drop FPS, and it would disturb beginners. Not planned yet;
- Domination game mode is not being worked on actively;
- We have something to please you on New Year, but I won’t spoil it;
- New minimaps are focused on information, we could have made them simply nice but then they’d lose their sense;
- Old minimaps will not return, but i’ll just wink at the modders…;
- I would not recommend using illegal mods since they’ll have it hard very soon;
- Crew bonuses (inscriptions + flags etc.) – it’s currently decided not to implement the bonuses. We’ll work on customization in the future. Visual as well as possibly internal;
- T110E5 had a rise in statistics, but not critical, no changes planned yet;
- Sadly, Swedes didn’t have options for tier 6 Heavy Tank, so we chose a Medium Tank;
- AMX M4 mle 49 is a great vehicle, I like it very much;
- The premium Swede might be fixed a bit in 9.17, but so far I like it, it turned out well;
- Statistics on the Swede tank are being collected, I’ll think about it then;
- The precision on Panther II with the new gun coupled with the penetration will be more than enough, and the stock E-50 will be less painful;
- Tiger II and VK4502A will be worked on (balance-wise);
- I won’t forgive you for global chat! – You’re saying this like you used it for something else than insulting the guys in front of you;
- Swedes will come in 9.17;
15,466 thoughts on “World of Tanks – Developers Q&A 10/10/2016”
“I won’t forgive you for global chat! – You’re saying this like you used it for something else than insulting the guys in front of you;”
Despite all the hate that was mostly flung at each other I for ones was a person that didn’t use it in that manner. I had more fun bsing about with the other team getting them killed because they were too busy typing back :D. In reality most of the hate/insulting i do is towards my team cause any time i actually use the chat some ***hat on my team is calling us noobs and that we should uninstall. The one i like most is that we are stupid as **** for not caping the enemy base when it is surrounded by a majority of their team and the cap is in an open area -___-.. ah the life of a na west player.
Swedish premium is a little underwhelming, not sure it needs a buff because the autoloader is dangerous…but I’d be very happy with 10 more kph.
If it could be faster or have actually usable gun depression (say -8) I think it would be a fun tank to play, currently it’s just a crew trainer to prep for the Swedish lines.
“We have a huge player database over 6 years before the restoration feature came in 9.16. You can still restore 1 premium vehicle from your account history through support. We’re thinking about the future of this feature;”
this is a plain and simple LIE…on EU (even some 2 years ago) I could not get the tank restored I wanted – reason given by “support”: has been sold for longer than 3 months…
so, way to go…****ed up lying crap company employee
Are they ever going to rework the match maker? The matches lately have been throwing in Tier 9-10s Just turns the match into high tier seal clubbing fest. Not a balanced game. It cause many players to just leave WOT.
Comments are closed.