A grand return to World of Tanks! From September 27 through October 11, the special Return of the Waffenträger event will take place in World of Tanks.
This autumn, the Harrier Squad will once again face Max von Krieger’s engineering marvel in a formidable and uncompromising battle for domination. Last year, the outstanding Engineer made a tactical retreat. Now he’s back, and this time, von Krieger will be revealing to the world his improved war machine, the menacing Blitzträger auf E 110. It’s even more dangerous and unpredictable than before, so get ready for fiercer, intensified battles!
On the other side of this epic confrontation, the Harriers haven’t wasted any time, either. Joining their ranks are three different vehicles, each with its own combat role and unique abilities. It’s up to you to decide which side to fight on—and may the strongest win!
Return of the Waffenträger: General Setup
- Battles take place in the 7v1 format on one of three lightly redesigned maps: Murovanka, Siegfried Line, and Steppes.
- Before the battle starts, you can choose one of the sides in the conflict.
- A team of seven random players or a Platoon of up to three players (the Harrier Squad) rush into battle in extensively modified special vehicles: the Object 140, Bat.-Châtillon 25 t, and M48A5 Patton. Dynamic Platoons are allowed.
- The Engineer faces them in the Blitzträger auf E 110, an incredibly powerful tank destroyer manned by a single player. He’ll be flanked by guards in the form of AI-controlled Sentinels, the third type of vehicle you will spot in the mode.
- Each team has its own objective. The Harrier Squad must disable the Blitzträger auf E 110’s protective energy shield and destroy this menacing vehicle within the allotted time. The Blitzträger auf E 110 must eliminate the Harrier Squad or hold out until time expires.
- To enter the battle in the Blitzträger auf E 110, you need to have a Key. You can earn it in battles while playing the game mode or receive it as a part of special bundles in the Premium Shop. Keep reading to find out about one more way to get one Key for the Blitzträger auf E 110!
- The Return of the Waffenträger progression involves assembling the Harriers’ Collection and the Engineer’s Collection with different elements and consists of four Stages. Upon collecting a certain number of elements and reaching each Stage, you will receive valuable rewards. To fill the event progression meter and grab all rewards available in the event, you need to complete both Collections.
- The event’s main reward is the ASTRON Rex 105 mm, a brand-new Tier VIII Premium American medium tank, which can be obtained from the Vehicle Gate with a certain drop chance.
- You can also purchase it with the Engineer’s Starters, special in-game keys you can earn during the event to activate the Engineer’s Gate which contains valuable loot. The Engineer’s Starters will also be available as part of bundles in the Premium Shop.
- You can also use the Harriers’ Starters to activate the Harriers’ Gate, which might drop useful in-game items—sometimes even the Engineer’s Starters!