Ladies and Gentlemen, the Update 0.9.6 is slowly approaching. This time, there isn’t any really spicy change or secret addition but there are still a few interesting things that need to be mentioned.
As usual, this update is still in testing so anything can change, except things like camouflages or artworks.
The German Aircraft Carriers Event: Part 1
The main feature of the next update is, of course, the arrival of the German carriers with the tier IV, VI and VIII ships being available in early access.
Expendable Black-White-Red camouflage
Compared to the previous events, that one is actually interesting because there are, this time, 2 different containers. One could suppose that it signs the return of premium containers in the premium shop. The question is how they will handle the situation for the countries where lootboxes available for money are banned.
Standard German Carriers container
Premium (?) German Carriers container
Permanent “Iron Cross” camouflage
I will admit that these new camouflages look amazing. They have just the right amount of ornament.
Updated Hamburg port
New Loading Screen
Just like every updates, we are also getting a new loading screen. If you want it as a wallpaper, here is it:
This will be the new currency for the different items available in the Armory during the German Aircraft Carrier event.
Announced additions and changes
It is Enterprise time I guess.
“Modules” tab update
Fast Damage Control Team
This consumable will be found on the Russian Battleships.
Specialized Repair Party
This consumable will be found on Salem, Nueve De Julio, Boise, Neustrashimy and the high tier British Cruisers and Battleships.
Rapid Takeoff Spotter
This consumable will be found on Lazo.
Short-Burst Smoke Generator
This consumable will be found on the British destroyers and Z-35.
Emergency Engine Power
This consumable will be found on Småland.
Short-range Hydroacoustic Search
This consumable will be found on London and the British Destroyers.
New Main Battery Reload Booster consumable icon
This will be the new icon of the Main Battery Reload Booster…
Changes to emblems
Unlisted Changes and Additions
Removal of the “AA hulls”
With Update 0.9.6, Wargaming are removing the C hulls (sometimes called AA hulls because they trade a part of the surface-combat armament for more AA power) on the following ships:
- German Tier VI Cruiser Nürnberg
- U.S. Tier VI Destroyer Farragut
- U.S. Tier VII Destroyer Mahan
- U.S. Tier VIII Destroyer Benson
Adjustment of the listed turning radius on some ships
The following change will make AprilWhiteMouse happy. For some ships, the listed turning radius in port was changed to correspond to their actual turning radius in battle:
- Commonwealth Premium Tier VI Cruiser Perth: Listed turning radius changed from 640 m to 700 m
- French Tier VII Destroyer Vauquelin: Listed turning radius changed from 670 m to 690 m
- British Tier I Cruiser Black Swan: Listed turning radius changed from 320 m to 350 m
- British Tier II Cruiser Weymouth: Listed turning radius changed from 500 m to 560 m
- British Tier III Cruiser Caledon: Listed turning radius changed from 530 m to 580 m
- British Tier IV Cruiser Danae: Listed turning radius changed from 540 m to 590 m
- British Tier V Cruiser Emerald: Listed turning radius changed from 670 m to 730 m
- British Tier VI Cruiser Leander: Listed turning radius changed from 640 m to 710 m
- British Tier VII Cruiser Fiji: Listed turning radius changed from 590 m to 670 m
- British Tier VIII Cruiser Edinburgh: Listed turning radius changed from 680 m to 730 m
- British Tier IX Cruiser Neptune: Listed turning radius changed from 710 m to 790 m
- British Tier X Cruiser Minotaur: Listed turning radius changed from 660 m to 750 m
- British Tier X Battleship Conqueror: Listed turning radius changed from 820 m to 940 m
- British Premium Tier VII Cruiser Belfast: Listed turning radius changed from 680 m to 730 m
- British Freemium Tier X Battleship Thunderer: Listed turning radius changed from 820 m to 940 m
- U.S. Premium Tier V Battleship Texas: Listed turning radius changed from 600 m to 650 m
- U.S. Premium Tier IX Battleship Missouri: Listed turning radius changed from 920 m to 990 m
- Soviet Tier IX Cruiser Dmitri Donskoi: Listed turning radius changed from 870 m to 970 m
New commemorative flags
With the Update 0.9.6, we are getting 4 new commemorative flags
Commemorative flag of the German Premium Tier VII Cruiser München
Commemorative flag of the U.S. Premium Tier VIII Cruiser Anchorage
Commemorative flag of the 17th Ranked battles season
Commemorative flag “El Libertador”
Considering the name of the last one, I suppose that it’s to celebrate Simón Bolívar, famous Venezuelan military and political leader.
New Camouflage and model for the Moskva
Our good old Moskva, now a Freemium got a little addition to her model in the form of a name plate on the stern.
New rental ships for Clan Battles
With the Update 0.9.6, Wargaming brought back the rental versions of the Tier X U.S. and Japanese carriers Midway and Hakuryu. They also added a rental version of the British carrier Audacious.
Before you guys take out the pitchforks, let’s make it clear. It’s not because we are getting rental versions of these ships that it guarantees that the next season will be with at tier X with carriers again.
So far, it’s everything that I could find in the game files, In the coming days, I will, as usual, release the individual articles for the new ships that are entering the Supertest.