Public Test will be running from 25 May at 18:30 CEST until 29 May at 15:00 CEST (UTC+2).
Scenarios & PvE Operations
Initially, Cooperative battles were introduced mostly for the training purpose or for a sake of upgrading ships from stock to top, but they were never considered as a full-featured game mode. However, we saw that many players found their joy in fights against bots. The great majority of positive comments regarding Halloween mode made us sure that a new game mode would be in demand – the one, where players are not just fighting till all enemies are defeated or till victory by points, but feel themselves real participants of a naval operation. That is why we are luckily introducing you a new mode called “Operations”. Besides it, we plan to develop a battle type “Scenarios”, completing it with new modes.
That said, we’re introducing a new battle type Scenario to the game. With the release of update 0.6.6, four different operations will be available that you can have a go at during the Public Test. Continue reading
Thanks to Verence196 for sharing the information, a digest on the most important answers from a Q&A with Sub_Octavian on Asia Forum.
Source: World of Warships EU Forum
- Not currently planning to add more port filters
- WG experimenting with new strike armament and load-out re-balancing for carriers. May be introduced on Enterprise and other ships. No MM changes for carriers currently planned.
- Clan membership limit will be expanded, but no ETA currently available.
- Training room functionality is not currently being worked on, although improvements are desirable.
- No nerfs to Saipan aircraft are currently under consideration.
- A number of high tier destroyers might be getting deck armor buffed to 19 mm/16 mm in 0.6.6, allowing them to bounce 203mm shells.
- WG may consider removing torpedo splash damage in the future.
- WG is working on updating the radio commands/quick keys.
- Skill based MM will not be introduced to random battles.
- WG is not planning to nerf RN cruisers.
- Old temporary campaigns are not likely to be rerun. WG prefers making new stuff.
Thanks to Babykim for translating and sharing, information from the stream with developer JamesWhite on May 22.
Source: World of Warships EU Forum
“The staggered release (of Hood) has been met with utmost negativity, although we had such offers in the past. The players have been very negative about selling the most expensive package alone and for that price. I don’t want to cover-up, we have apparently miscalculated, it was not the best decision to offer a bundle. I hope and will do everything so that nothing similar will ever happen on the RU cluster. We will sell new ships by offering a choice of bundles, from more expensive to bare-bones. We have learned the lesson by studying your feedback on the official forum and other online resources. We have understood that the bundle pricing strategy was erroneous…I consider it a personal error, and we do not plan vexing players in the future.”
About the forthcoming premium Ships
- Carrier Kaga will be sold in June. (Already available on Asia Server)
- Cruiser De Grasse will be sold in 0.6.5, but only as part of a combat mission with an XP requirement.
- Cruiser Makarov will not be sold or awarded in special events. How it will be distributed remains a secret.
Release Notes 0.6.5.1
- Upon selling ships equipped with camouflage, the camouflage will now be automatically dismounted and moved to your inventory.
- Fixed an error where the system message indicating you’ve chosen the incorrect ship and battle type for a campaign was displayed in Russian.
- Fixed an error where the Aircraft Carrier camera was switched upon designating several navigation points set via Shift, even after turning off the “Switch off Shift on aircraft carriers” option.
- Fixed an error in the “Hunt for Bismarck” campaign’s Mission #3 final task where it rewarded the outdated unequippable Upgrade “Secondary Battery Modification 1”.
Bismarck Campaign Fix
The final Task for Mission 3 mistakenly awards an unmountable Secondary Battery Modification 1. We’ll be changing the reward next week in Update 0.6.5.1 to an Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1. If you won the Second Battery Modification 1 via the Task, you’ll have the Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 credited to your account if the Battery Modification is still in your inventory.
To avoid a Credit loss, please don’t sell the incorrect upgrade, and wait for the 0.6.5.1 release to have it changed to the right one. If you sold your Secondary Battery Modification 1, it won’t be exchanged for the correct one.
World of Warships 0.6.6 Technical Test Server is online, so I’ve decided to login and take a few pictures of the upcoming PvE Scenarios. Players will be able to unlock Scenarios when level 8 is reached and the reward is 1,000,000 Credits. Four Operations will be available to play:
- Newport Naval Base Defence
- Killer Whale
- Saving Carrier Raptor
Each operation will have different objectives and tasks.
I’ll publish further pictures once I have time to play the new scenario.
Update 0.6.6 Scenario Pictures
Flamu – Scenario Gameplay
More World of Warships 0.6.6 Supertest information about PvE Missions and a few other details. Big thanks to our friends from SEA-Group for sending this to me so I can share it with you guys.
Please note this is Supertest information subject to change before the final version is released.
American Battleship Changes
Iowa & Missouri
- Citadel volume reduced by 27.5%. Volume excluded is now considered casemate. Due to the casemate volume change, bow, stern and superstructure had their hit points reduced by 18%.
- Similar changes to Iowa and Missouri. Citadel volume reduced by 28%. Bow, stern and superstructure hit points reduced by 24.5%.
- PvE Missions will have a limitation of one carrier per team, but other classes will also have limitations. Cruisers are now limited to four, Battleships and Destroyers limited to three per team.
- Players will be asked if they want to download the new sound quality before the game updates. A new logo will be displayed if you choose to download the new improved sounds.
World of Warships 0.6.6 Supertest Harekaze is a fictional ship from the animation High School Fleet. The ship is built based on IJN Kagero-class destroyers.
Harekaze has the same survivability, maneuverability, torpedo armament, and consumables as a stock hull Kagero, but she can be refitted among three different main guns.
Harekaze can also equip 127mm/54 guns, the same gun as Midway’s secondariness. Harekaze has better firing arc in this gun. And it’s the first time ever an new US 5′ AP shell makes it appearance in WOWS, instead of being another rainbow gun, the 127mm/54 AP has a decent trajectory comparable to top-tier Soviet destroyers, and it also has an extremely high penetration comparable to German 150mm guns.
Source: gamemodels3d.com & SEA Group
Please remember these are Supertest Stats subject to change before the final version is released to the live server.
Akeno Misaki (みさき あけの)