Here comes the second round of the Public Test for the Update 0.8.11. It is mostly about bug fixes.
Round 2 Schedule
Commanders, thank you for participating in the Public test of Update 0.8.11! Your feedback helps us to improve the version and fix any errors. Check the changelog below and join the second round of the Public test!
- The Dockyard has been updated — bugs have been fixed; descriptions, tooltips, videos and many other things have been updated;
- The Boosters icon on the Dockyard banner in port has been updated;
- The Captain’s Logbook has been updated — performance is improved; filters, rare and special items displays and many others have been updated;
- The game’s loading screen has been updated;
- Now, the authorization screen will have an indicator displayed when Caps Lock is turned on;
- Achievements have been disabled in the “1 vs 1” Ranked sprint;
- Minor improvements have been made to the ports of New York and Hamburg;
- Shell tracers of unique historical commanders Nikolay Kuznetsov, Luigi Sansonetti and Günther Lütjens are now colored red;
- Fixed the display of sea spray near the ships in port;
- Fixed a bug which caused game crashes if the GPU didn’t support DirectX 10.1;
- Fixed a bug which caused the x86 client to be launched even if the system met the requirements to launch the x64 client.
Special Features of the Test
For the purpose of testing the new mechanics, the cost of building structures and the duration of ship construction in the Dockyard will be reduced. However, please note that any shipbuilding progress will be reset when Round 2 of the Public Test begins. For this reason, you can obtain the reward for building a ship twice on the live server.
Combat Missions and Rewards
|Play a Random or Co-op Battle.
Reward on the live server: 3x each type of signal, except for special signals
|Play three Random or Co-op Battles.
Reward on the live server: 10x Type 6 camouflage patterns
|Complete ship construction in the Dockyard.
Reward on the live server: 5x of each of the following special signals: Dragon, Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, and Hydra
|Complete the entire Shipbuilding collection
Reward on the live server: 1x Wargaming container
|Attain Rank 1 in the Ranked Sprint playing Tier VIII ships.
Reward on the live server: 3x of each of the following special signals: Scylla, Basilisk, and Leviathan
One Wargaming container provides 1 day of Warships Premium Account
You can also test the unique German Commander, Günther Lütjens, during the Public Test. To do so, you need to complete a combat mission comprising three stages:
- Stage 1: earn 1 500 000 credits
- Stage 2: earn 45 000 XP
- Stage 3: gain 5 victories
Reward on the Public Test server: Commander Günther Lütjens with 10 skill points.
The combat mission must be completed on Tier VIII–X ships in Random and Ranked Battles.
|Personal combat mission No.3|
Reward on the live server: 2x Shipbuilding containers
The mission can be completed playing Tier VIII–X ships in Random and Ranked Battles. Once this mission has been completed, the mission from the previous Autumn Season of the Public Test will become available.
If you already started completing the combat missions of the Autumn Season during the Public Tests of Updates 0.8.9 and 0.8.10 then your progress will be kept. The combat mission of the Autumn Season can be completed only once. Please note: completing the combat missions of Updates 0.8.9 and 0.8.10 will enable you to obtain the final rewards of the Autumn Season, but not the specific rewards that were offered at the time of Updates 0.8.9 and 0.8.10.
Opinion on the New Year Event and Logbook
I was legitimately impressed by what Wargaming baked us for this year.
The whole event around building the Puerto Rico is simply fantastic with the possibility to watch all the steps for the construction of the ship. It is… surprisingly satisfying to watch with the different sections of armor being mounted, the engines being installed, the guns being fitted on the turrets, etc. It is quite amazing to watch the progress of the construction.
The only sad part is that you can only see that once while it would have been nice to see, once we complete it, a timelapse of the construction that we can rewatch as much as we want while having control of the camera.
I also hope that it won’t end up being a massive grind fest because it would be a waste that only a few players can the ship and by such go through the whole construction.
For the logbook, it is actually a pretty cool addition for the people who are really focused on collecting the different patches, ships, camouflages or commanders.