A Ranked Battles Season for Tier X ships begins!
Join the fight playing your Tier X ships and win valuable prizes: credits, camouflage patterns, signals, and doubloons, as well as up to 5,500 Steel, which can be exchanged for unique ships in the Armory.
The overall reward for attaining all ranks remains the same—a total of 5 500 Steel and 1 Ranked Token.
You can also obtain a commemorative flag, sets of signals, expendable camouflages, and doubloons. Aside from that, you’ll get temporary league flags when you reach Rank 10 and Rank 5, which reduce the cost of servicing your ships by 10% and 20% respectively. They will remain on your account until the end of the Season.
Key Rules of the Season
- All players who have access to Ranked Battles in their Service Record can participate in the new Season. Newcomers to World of Warships must have fought 130 battles in any accessible battle type to unlock this possibility.
- Only Tier X ships are allowed.
- A limit of one aircraft carrier per team is set for these battles.
- Battles are held in an 8 vs. 8 format, and team line-ups will be completely equivalent in terms of ship types.
- The new Season has 18 ranks. These have been split into three leagues: Second, First, and Premier.
- Those who are new to Ranked Battles will start the Season from Rank 18. Those who participated in the Thirteenth Season will receive bonus Stars: one for each rank attained.
- Players earn the Stars needed to climb the ranking ladder by winning battles. At the majority of ranks, a defeat means a lost Star.
- Ranks 18–15 and 12 are irrevocable. You cannot lose a Star for a defeat at Ranks 18–17. If you are first on your team in terms of XP earned, you get to keep your hard-earned Star—even if your team lost the battle.
- A bonus Star is granted for reaching each new rank at Ranks 18–11.
- Only Stars obtained for the first time are counted for progress towards the Ranked Battles emblem. Bonus Stars for the previous Season are included in this count if you play at least one battle in the new Season.
- Flags awarded for reaching Leagues will be removed from player accounts once the season ends.
- You’ll receive a commemorative achievement for reaching Rank 1 in the Fourteenth Season.
- All those who reach Rank 15 will receive a commemorative flag which will remain in their collections.
Starting from the Fourteenth Season, we are introducing a limit on the number of battleships per team—a maximum of three—for Ranked Battles and Ranked Sprints. If there are not enough suitable ships to complete the teams, and the waiting time the first player in the queue has spent exceeds 4 minutes and 10 seconds, then each team can be completed with up to four battleships.
Game Maps and Modes
Ranked Battles will be fought on the Shards, Northern Lights, Trident, Haven, Greece, and Riposte maps in Domination mode.
Bonus Stars for the Previous Season
According to established tradition, all of your achievements from the previous Season will be accounted for, so you won’t have to start from scratch. Depending on the rank at which you finished the previous Season, you’ll be granted a certain number of bonus Stars. The maximum possible number is 17 Stars. If you earned the maximum number of Stars in the previous Season, you’ll start the new Season at Rank 10. The rewards typically issued for the preceding ranks will automatically be added to your account after playing the first battle.
See you on the battlefield, Captains!
Personal advice regarding ship picks
First advice, avoid playing Aircraft Carriers and for a very important reason. Last time CVs were allowed in Ranked Battles, it was pretty damn easy to move forward and either carrying your team or saving your star wasn’t too hard if you knew what you were doing. This season, with all the nerfs that happened and especially the Base XP earning nerf, you can basically forget about saving your star with a CV and on top of that, you have far less carry power than the last time.
Second advice, unless you are good at them, avoid playing destroyers such as Kléber as well because even though playing carriers isn’t recommended, these can still ruin your days pretty hard.
Third advice, if there is an Hakuryu in the enemy team and that you are anything else than a French battleship or a destroyer, don’t go for island camping, the AP bombs will just ruin your days.