Welp… guess it’s time to dust off the Belfast and to get the Sinop ready. Ladies and Gentlemen, the new seasons of Ranked sprint are coming with the update 0.8.5.!
While both seasons will be played at Tier VII, the game mode will be different.
The Fifth season will be in classic Domination game mode while the Sixth season will be in in Epicenter game mode.
The rules are similar to the previous seasons of Ranked Sprint, but with some modifications. Battles will be fought on Tier VII ships in the Domination and Updated Epicenter game modes. Rewards for participation include special, economic, and combat signals; credits; and Coal for use in the Armory.
- Each season lasts 12 days.
- Ranked Sprint achievements aren’t inherited from previous Ranked Seasons, and aren’t transferred to those that follow.
- Stars earned in Ranked Sprint are not counted as the stars required for receiving Ranked Battle emblems.
- All players with access to Ranked Battles in their Service Record are eligible for participation in Ranked Sprint. Beginners in World of Warships will have to play 130 battles in any of the available modes in order to gain access to them.
- Only Tier VII ships are allowed.
- Battles are fought in a 6 vs. 6 format. Team lineups are mirrored in terms of ship types.
- The number of ranks is 10, which is less than in a regular season. The ranks are combined into two leagues: The Second League covers Rank 10 through Rank 6, and the First covers Rank 5 through Rank 1.
- All players start battles at Rank 10.
- Ranks 10, 9, 8, 5, and 3 are irrevocable. Players can’t lose stars at Ranks 10 and 9.
- By winning battles, players earn the stars needed to climb the ranking ladder. For the majority of ranks, a defeat means a lost star.
- Players receive a bonus star for each new rank acquired.
- The player with the most base XP in a team doesn’t lose a star upon their team’s defeat.
- The fifth season is held in Domination mode
- The sixth season is held in the Updated Epicenter mode.
- Divisions are allowed in Ranked Sprint.
- The maximum number of players in a Division is two.
- A Division can enter battle only if the opposing team also has a Division.
- Each team can have a maximum of three Divisions.
- Players from different leagues can’t be members of the same Division.
- Rank 1 is the highest achievable rank.
- Players who reach the Rank 1 can no longer participate in further battles of the current season.
Battles will be fought on the following maps: Archipelago, Trident, Riposte, and Neighbors. They will use the following two modes:
- Domination: several variants of the layout of key areas are provided.
- Updated Epicenter: the center and rings can be captured independently; capturing the outer rings won’t be blocked if any of the inner rings have been captured by the enemy.
So yeah. If you want to rank out without too much trouble, go with things like Sinop, Belfast, maybe Indianapolis with her 10 km radar depending on the number of destroyers. Sims is also a good option with her XP modifier for the “Save the star” situations.