Not something new from Wargaming, but a bit different from what we had before in World of Warships. World of Tanks will get it’s own version of Premium Account, with the release of Update 1.5. What is World of Tanks Premium Account? Well, it’s easy to guess that is a Premium Account that will only work in World of Tanks, as it was designed particularly for this title. The price will be the same, but if you decide to buy World of Tanks Premium Account, it will only work for this game and no other Wargaming titles, basically the same as World of Warships Premium Account.
- Regular Premium Account = 250 gold per day
- WoT Premium Account = 250 gold per day
Enhance your Premium Account!
The main question you will be asking is: what’s the difference? Wargaming is trying to rework the Premium Account in order to make it more value and convenient for what you pay, if you only play World of Tanks. But what extras will you get? Let’s have a look.
- Applicable modifier to XP. Players will now have the ability to have extra XP bonus besides the ones you earn in battles. With the new Premium Account, you will be able to apply an x3 modifier and increase the experience earned in your latest victory. You can use this modifier several times a day, whenever you want when playing on vehicles of any tier, and research new vehicles and their modules much faster. Also, if you have an x2 modifier (for example, for the first victory), then you can additionally apply the x3 bonus and earn immediately x5 XP in a battle!
- Reserve Stock. Or as Wargaming likes to call it: Piggy Bank. With the WoT PA, an additional 10% bonus to Credits on top of you earn in battles will fall into a special vault. It’s an extra bonus which is a plus for your battle income. For example, if you earned 10,000 credits in a battle, your vault will receive 1,000 thanks to the 10% bonus. Within a week, you can accumulate a maximum of 750,000 Credits in the vault. Every 7 days, regardless of whether your WoT PA has expired that week, the vault will open, and all Credits accumulated in it will be automatically moved to your account.
- Daily battle missions. Stock up on in-game goodies! Owners of a WoT Premium Account will have the opportunity to fulfil special consecutive daily missions. Completing these missions will bring you Credits, Bonds and more. You’ll enjoy exciting and challenging tasks to diversify your gaming experience and win tons of rewards along the way!
- Platoon bonus. Even more Credits and XP! Play with your friends in a Platoon, it’s not only fun but also very profitable. With the release of WoT Premium Account, we’ll completely overhaul the XP bonus while playing in Platoons. As such, the XP bonus won’t depend on a vehicle Tier, the outcome of a battle and whether you have a WoT Premium Account or not. Now playing as a Platoon, you will always get +15% XP. Also, speaking of what the new WoT Premium Account gives you, we should mention a Credit bonus. If at least one player in a Platoon has a WoT PA, that player will earn + 15% Credits for every battle, and the one who doesn’t have it will receive + 10% Credits.
- Map blacklist. Owners of WoT PA will be able to block not one, but two maps in total. Play on maps you like and avoid those you really don’t want to see.
Already have a Premium Account? What will happen to it?
In order not to confront you with a choice right now, Wargaming decided to launch a special grace period after the release of the WoT Premium Account for a limited amount of time. During this period, they’ll automatically credit you with a WoT Premium Account, regardless of where you purchased or received your regular Premium Account. What does that mean?
For example, you purchased or received 1 day of Regular Premium Account. Logging into World of Tanks, you will find in your profile 1 day of WoT Premium Account. In the other games of the trilogy, you will receive 1 day of regular Premium Account.
You will be able to test these changes on the upcoming 1.5 Common Test, but remember, these changes aren’t final and some changes to some particular bonus might happen. However, Wargaming has no plans to rework the options detailed above for Premium Account.
While I appreciate a revamp for Premium Account, I don’t fully agree with all the changes. Wargaming has asked Community Contributors for feedback and please remember, you don’t have to agree with them and I’m not trying to change your opinion to match mine, but I’m simply sharing what my thoughts are at the moment:
- More bonus for players, more content for the same price.
- Daily missions are good to be able to get more goodies!
- Applicable modifier! More XP and that is always nice and the ability to be able to select what battle you want to do it’s even better.
- Platoon bonus is even better, encouraging players to play more with their friends for a nice reward.
- Reserve Stock: Hate this, completely. Why?
- Limiting the number of credits a player can earn to 750,000 a week.
- A total of 3,000,000 credits a month can be earned with a bonus and that’s not even enough for a Tier X.
- The fact the player doesn’t receive the bonus credits straight away might make a huge difference if, for example, they need to buy a new tank on sale and need those extra credits. By doing it weekly, it forces the player to play even more to get the remaining credits, instead of reducing the number of battles (reducing the grind).
- Ability to block another map… on a paid service. It’s almost like old days, where Premium Accounts could create platoons of 3 players and non-premium just 2 and everyone hated that. What else will Wargaming try to bring next?
- Bonds in missions that can only be accessed if you pay for a product!
What I would change
- All players, Premium or Non-Premium should be able to block two maps.
- Make the cooldown a bit less for Premium players, instead of 4 hours, make it 3 hours for example.
- Give the ability to retrain crews for free.
- Give the ability to dismount equipment for free.
- Credit bonus increased to 60% instead of the standard 50%, removing the Reserve Stock.
- Remove the limit of 5 multipliers per day. If a player is paying, he should be allowed to have an x3 multiplier for each tank he owns per day, that can be used when he wants on that specific tank.
Overall, what do think? An improvement for those who buy Premium Account and maybe an incentive for others to get it? Do you like the new bonus, or there is something you would change? Let me know in the comment section.