Ladies and Gentlemen, llllllllllllllllet’s get ready to rumble!!!
Assemble your teams—the King of the Sea tournament is back!
Are you interested in battling in the biggest tournament in the World of Warships competitive scene? Press your claim to the coveted crown and take a shot at the $30,000 international prize pool, along with a full hold of Doubloons and Steel. Your journey begins right here—sign up below!
What is the King of the Sea tournament?
In December 2016, players in our European community started regularly organizing the competitive King of the Sea tournament. Years later, King of the Sea has become a household name for competitive World of Warships players the world over.
The main prizes for winners are the King of the Sea title and the prestigious flag that accompanies it. The King of the Sea flag can be owned only by a single team in each region. This means that the new champions will have to defend their title in the next tournament in order to keep the flag.
Format: Tier X ships; 9 vs. 9
Restrictions: each team can field a maximum of two battleships; aircraft carriers aren’t permitted; before each series of matches between two teams, each team can vote to ban one ship from being playable for both teams throughout all the matches of the series
Number of teams: up to 136
- Warrior’s Path
- Northern Waters
- Crash Zone Alpha
- Land of Fire
- Qualifying Stage: 25 April
- Group Stage: 1 May + 2 May
- Regional Finals: 8 May + 9 May
- International Final: 15 May + 16 May
The top-three teams from each server will fight for the honor of their region and a $30,000 prize pool in the International Final.
For detailed contest rules, click here.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Participation in the King of the Sea tournament is open to anyone, as long as they can put together a team of 9–15 players. We recommend assembling a team of 12 players. To sign your team up for the tournament:
- Join the Discord server at the link below
- Ask for a team representative role
- Follow the information in the signup channel
The number of places is limited! Participants are registered on a first come, first served basis.
Discord is the primary communication platform used during the tournament. You can access the King of the Sea channel via the link below. Joining this server is mandatory for tournament participants.
• The official language of the tournament is English. Please make sure at least one of the players on your team can understand and speak English.
• It’s is mandatory that two players from each team be available on the Discord server throughout the tournament.
The coveted crowning trophy of the tournament is the King of the Sea flag, which grants the following bonuses:
- +50% Commander XP per battle
- +15% Credits per battle
Additionally, all participants will get in-game rewards based on their standing:
Regional winners will also receive the King of the Sea XII official T-shirt.
If you don’t make the cut but would still enjoy the look, you can also buy the T-shirt at our Teespring site here.
• Please note: Prize fund may increase in case of higher participation numbers
• A player must have participated in at least one match during the tournament in order to be eligible for one of the rewards.
The winning teams from each region will face off to win a portion of the $30,000 prize pool!
COMPLETE THE KOTS COLLECTION!
For King of the Sea X, we introduced a new in-game collection for tournament viewers. You will also be able to complete this collection during King of the Sea XII! It comprises 16 elements in total.
- Completing each of the four sub-sections will reward you with 1 day of Warships Premium Account.
- Completing the entire collection will bring you a Premium Ship VII container, which is guaranteed to drop a random Premium Tier VII ship.
Collection elements drop from King of the Sea containers—eight of which you can obtain during King of the Sea XII:
- Seven via Twitch Drops that can be collected while watching the tournament streams live on Twitch.
- One via a special mission chain that will be available in the game client from April 23 to May 31.
As for me, I will quietly (hopefully) help to manage the tournament as part of the adjudicator team for the EU server.
Best part is that now, I can have minions to do the dirty work for me!
In any case, thank you for reading this article.
I hope to see some of you among the participating teams and don’t lose time if you want to sign up!