From July 21, 2023 at 7:00 CEST through July 31, 2023 at 7:00 CEST (UTC+2), you will have the opportunity to obtain a Premium Polish Tier VIII vehicle for free! The 56TP, a brand-new Polish heavy, awaits you at the end of the Base Rewards Track!
The Improved Rewards Track, which—for the first time ever—you can choose to unlock with either gold or Free XP, offers a wealth of valuable goodies, topped off with a unique style which gives you a simple mission for the 56TP with a random daily reward after you obtain the style. The Carmen de Bisonte (Song of the Bison) style has its roots in medieval poetry and reflects the sheer magnificence of the European bison (also known as the zubr)—the true spirit animal of the large, powerful, and unyielding 56TP.
In Carmen de Bisonte, we continue our experiments with the Points cost and duration of additional time-limited Chapters within Battle Pass Seasons that allow you to obtain Premium vehicles for free. Part of these experiments is the Free XP option for Improved Pass purchase: this gives you more control over your resource allocation planning. Completing the Chapter in time is not easy, but there are some tricks you can use to get more Points (see below).
How It Works
Battle Pass: Time-Limited Carmen de Bisonte Chapter
July 21, 2023 at 7:00 CEST through July 31, 2023 at 7:00 CEST (UTC+2)
- To start completing the Stages, you need to activate the Chapter. Only after that will Points count toward Carmen de Bisonte progress.
- You don’t need to complete any of the main Season XI Chapters or make any progress in them to activate Carmen de Bisonte.
- Carmen de Bisonte progress will begin only after you activate the Chapter. Points not assigned to any Chapters will not count toward Carmen de Bisonte progress once it is activated.
- Completing every Daily Mission (including Bonus Missions) can help you accrue enough Points to get all the rewards. Point bonuses for Core Vehicles also work in the Chapter. Playing in them can increase your Points gain.
- You can further boost your progress in Carmen de Bisonte with Battle Points from the Epic Reward (given for completing every 45 Daily Missions) and the reward for reaching the Season Point Limit for individual vehicles. Use the time left before the Chapter launches to prepare!
- You can buy the Improved Pass for Carmen de Bisonte either for 2,500 gold or for 87,500 Free XP. Both values and the entire second option are experimental (and not final) for time-limited Chapters of Battle Pass Seasons. Choose whichever currency you’d rather spend!
- The Carmen de Bisonte Chapter consists of 50 Stages.
- Once you obtain the Improved Pass, you can purchase Stages for 250 gold each.
Your way to the free 56TP along the Base Rewards track is paved with Personal Reserves and days of WoT Premium Account to buff your yields, a hefty sum of bonds, Bounty Hardening, and more. You can maximize your gains while completing the Chapter by investing gold or Free XP in the Improved Pass. Moving toward the one-of-a-kind Carmen de Bisonte style, you can pick up 15 more days of WoT Premium Account, more Personal Reserves, Free XP, Crew Books, equipment, and other great goodies.
Besides having the zubr as its spirit animal, this Tier VIII Polish Premium heavy is a well-rounded tank with great turret protection, good gun handling, and adequate mobility. Its shells pierce enemy armor like sharp, well-aimed bison horns. The maximum gun depression of –9° and a sturdy turret with non-prominent hatches make the 56TP very efficient at using terrain folds. That said, you’ll need to be careful: don‘t expose the front of your hull, as the 56TP has only up to 80 mm of nominal armor there.
An interesting peculiarity of the 56TP is its overall bison-scale length: it won‘t cause you too much inconvenience once you get used to it, but it’s something to keep in mind when playing in this tank. In some cases, you can use it in your favor and body-block a foe (rather than an ally).
All in all, the 56TP is better suited for countering an enemy advance at short-to-middle range than for breaking through their defense: its HP pool is decent but not outstanding, and the gun reloading time is pretty long. (It should be noted that attacks by European bison are always made in retaliation and are especially dangerous, as this intelligent forest beast knows how to play to its strengths). And when you opt for offensive play, don’t go alone: the zubr is a herd species.
The Carmen de Bisonte Style
“Maioremque animo fingere nemo potest“ — “No one can imagine a greater spirit“
This style, which can be earned with the Improved Pass, takes its inspiration from a classic work of literature from the early 16ᵗʰ century: “Carmen de statura, feritate ac venatione bisontis“ (“A Song about the Appearance, Savagery, and Hunting of the Bison“).
The Carmen de Bisonte style suits the 56TP tank, which comes from one of the countries where the zubr is considered a national symbol. It can be said that the style—which draws upon medieval manuscripts—brings out the best in this sturdy and powerful vehicle, imbuing it with the spirit of the zubr.
On top of its exquisite looks, the Carmen de Bisonte style has a unique feature: for 110 days after the Chapter becomes available, it will give you a simple daily mission with a reward which can be very substantial. You only need to win once in your 56TP to complete it and receive something from the list below. So, the earlier you obtain the style for your new trusty credit earner, the larger your additional gain will be!
|Days of WoT Premium Account||1||2%|
|Equipment: Gun Rammer (Class 1)||1||1%|
|Equipment: Improved Ventilation (Class 1)||1||1%|
|Equipment: Turbocharger (Class 1)||1||1%|
|Personal Reserve: +100% to XP for 1 hour||1||3%|
|Personal Reserve: +50% to Credits for 1 hour||1||2%|
|Personal Reserve: +300% to Crew XP and Free XP for 1 hour||1||3%|
|Directive: Orderly Ammo Rack||3||8%|
|Directive: Stabilizer Greasing||3||8%|
|Directive: Vent Purge||3||8%|
|Large Repair Kit||1||4%|
|Large First Aid Kit||1||4%|
|Automatic Fire Extinguisher||1||4%|
You can complete the mission in your 56TP without the Carmen de Bisonte style applied to it. Having the style on your account is enough.
Prepare to capture the great European bison, Commanders!