Ladies and Gentlemen, here it is, the final round of testing for the upcoming update 0.8.0. This third round was made to “polish” the aircraft carrier rework and it is indeed bringing quite a lot of changes.
Let’s look at it, shall we?
The public test will start on Tuesday 22 January at 17:30 CET (UTC+1) and will end Monday 28 January at 16:30 CET (UTC+1). As you can see, it is a fairly long round to be able to get as many data as possible on the changes.
- Plane HP and AA efficiency have been rebalanced. AA efficiency now progresses more smoothly through the tiers. When up-tiered, CVs had almost no chance to cause damage because of the huge jump in the efficiency of AA. Now the difference is still noticeable but not so big.
- Plane replenishment time increased for all tiers except tier X. This time was too low, and CVs could ignore their losses and just constantly keep using the same plane type. Now losing full squadrons has much more of an impact.
- Tier IV Torpedo bomber characteristics have been corrected:
- Fixed an issue and removed the “Fighters” consumable.
- Torpedo aiming time increased from 2s to 3s. It was too easy to hit torpedoes on tier IV, causing constant flooding. Now you are required to stay in the AA zones longer to hit your target.
- “Repair party” consumable transferred from dive bombers to torpedo bombers. It was anticipated that dive bombers would receive more damage than other planes types. But torpedo bombers have to fly straight for a long time, flying through AA explosions more often, taking more damage – therefore “Repair party” is better suited for them.
- Priority AA sector increases DPS of all zones instead of number of explosions. Even dodging all the explosions can’t save you for long in the priority sector.
- Sectors are now differentiated by AA tracers’ color. It makes it easier to understand the danger and to alter tactics accordingly.
- CVs’ “Fighters” consumable is rebalanced: now it has 4 charges and 40s cooldown. Number of planes in a squadron has been reduced to 4. This still gives CVs decent AA defense, but now they aren’t invulnerable to enemy planes.
- Number of planes called by “Catapult fighter” consumable lowered (4 instead of 6, 3 instead of 4). With AA rebalancing in mind, such a huge number of planes would be too powerful.
- Lowered the efficiency of perks and modernizations affecting planes (not the AA). Some of them had a huge impact and could make planes nearly invincible.
- Added a counter for damage dealt to planes. This can help you to understand AA efficiency even with a low count of downed planes.
- Torpedo bombers aim point became more visible on bright maps to increase clarity.
- Several ships’ characteristics altered. Details can be found in the “Dev Blog”. (for more details please check our article covering the said changes)
- The sound of bombs dropping on isles is now louder.
- Fixed an issue that caused the patch of an enemy, who destroyed the player, not to be displayed, and there was no transfer to spectator mode after your ship was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game client crashes
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect display of Ryujo’s squadrons’ elevators.
Some changes are quite welcomed like the change to the arming time for the torpedoes at tier IV that were terribly easy to drop due to this. There is also now the counter to the damage dealt to planes which is great to have an idea of the impact of our anti-air.
Anyway, let’s test all of this. Will see you on the Public Test Server captains!