Update 0.8.7.1 hits the live servers on September 4. With its arrival, European destroyer Friesland is entering the game, and the Armory is set to offer random bundles that can be obtained in exchange for Coal.
Due to the release of Update 0.8.7.1, cross-server matchmaking will not be available for Clan Battles on Wednesday, 4th September.
Meet destroyer IX Friesland—the newcomer to the European Tech Tree branch. In contrast to other destroyers, Friesland doesn’t carry any torpedo armament. However, this is completely compensated for by her rapid-firing artillery and a good choice of consumables.
- Four main battery guns with a very high rate of fire (their reload time is 1.8 seconds without upgrades mounted or Commander skills mastered), very good shell ballistics, comfortable aiming angles, and a fast main turret traverse speed.
- The AA defenses are additionally reinforced with the Defensive AA Fire consumable in a separate slot.
- The Smoke Generator consumable with features characteristic of American destroyers: her smoke screens will last longer than 2 minutes. The Hydroacoustic Search consumable, which comes in a separate slot, will allow you to assuredly detect enemy ships at a distance of 5 km, and enemy torpedoes—at 3.5 km.
IX Friesland can be obtained in the game for 1,000,000 Free XP.
I will, of course, write a full review of the ship but personally, I’m not a fan of the ship. While it is true that her firepower and AA power are great (in fact, she has by a large margin the best AA of all destroyers), she is very limited for almost everything else.
The ship is clumsy, has a bad concealment, doesn’t have torps to create a threat against battleships.
Of course, the combination of U.S. smoke and hydro is good but the terrible concealment limits the effectiveness of the combination unless you set an ambush.
Update 0.8.7.1 will give you a chance to exchange Coal for valuable rewards: credits, French Riviera camouflages, and special/economic signals.
The Legion of Honor section of the Armory will be complemented with random bundles that can be obtained in exchange for 3,000 Coal each.
Random bundles are an in-game exchange mechanic for obtaining items from the Armory. It functions in the following way:
- All the rewards are visible in advance: the bundles’ contents and their amounts are displayed when viewing the currently available bundle.
- After each exchange, one new random bundle opens out of 32 available.
- Having collected all the bundles, you’re guaranteed to have obtained all the available rewards.
Please note that these random bundles will cease to be available with the release of Update 0.8.9.
For that addition, I’m trying very hard to understand the point of adding it considering the fact that the rewards are… underwhelming to say the least.
- Fixed a bug that caused the disappearance of the image on the cargo ship banner in the Port.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Summer Season patch not to be displayed.