While we were expecting the update 0.8.0 as well as the Aircraft carrier rework to come next week, some changes in the schedule arrived.
How big is the delay?
The update 0.8.0 is delayed by a week. This means that it will hit the live servers on the 30/01 and 31/01 depending on which server you are playing on.
Why is the update delayed?
The update is delayed to allow a third Public Test session to occur. This Public Test will be used to test the following changes to the Aircraft Carrier rework:
- Addition of more visual effects for AA fire when the ‘Defensive AA Fire’ consumable is activated.
- Creation of a visual priority AA sector, showing where AA fire is concentrated.
- Removal of the patrol zone of a fighter for destroyers, cruisers and battleships from the minimap as this information is of little use and can confuse and pollute the minimap. In this case, the fighters will still be displayed in the game world, allowing players to use them as a cover from enemy aircraft;
- Changing the mechanics of the priority sector: now it will not increase the number of explosions, but the constant average damage per minute.
The visual changes are quite welcomed because currently, the slight color change applied to the flak clouds when Defensive AA Fire is active can be troublesome to spot especially for the people suffering from color blindness.
Extension of the activities of the 0.7.12
Due to the delay applied to the 0.8.0, the activities of the 0.7.12 are also extended by a week. This includes:
- Fighting in Clan battles.
- “Knocking off” your remaining snowflakes.
- Completing the event “In the Name of His Highness!” and receiving the premium battleship tier VI Prinz Eitel Friedrich.
- Participating in the “Mighty Prinz” Campaign, earning yourself the five researchable Tier VI ships with permanent New Year-inspired camouflage.
All I can say is thank you Wargaming on this.
Anyway, that’s all for this article Ladies and Gentlemen!