Sound Mod Improvements
- The functionality of sound modifications created by users has been improved. A control .xml file is now created for each mod. It contains paths to all the mod’s files.
- You will notice the new look of your ship’s aircraft and torpedoes in the torpedo tubes, when you apply special Halloween camos in port.
- Improved all Tier V-VI ships rendering of thin elements like rigging
- Improved lighting of island surfaces
Minor changes to the geometry and textures of Bellerophon, Furutaka, Giulio Cesare, Iron Duke, King George V, Langley, Lexington, Nassau, Nelson, New York, Orion, Queen Elizabeth, St. Louis, Warspite
The detectability range algorithm when your ship fires her AA guns is similar to her detectability mechanics when firing her main guns, but is only applicable to your detectability by air.
This approach should eliminate situations when ships with low detectability range by air can remain undetected while firing at enemy aircraft.
Extinguish Fires Faster
Catch on fire (or don’t!) with this new balance change: we’re reducing the time it takes to extinguish fires on cruisers and destroyers. Extinguishing one source of fire takes 30 seconds at most instead of 60 seconds it was previously. Graf Spee’s value is 45 seconds, the only exception.
Hopefully, this reduced time will help new players improve their battle performance at low tiers, encourage using consumables efficiently, and reduce the excessive disparity between the ‘Damage Control Party I’ and ‘Damage Control Party II’ consumables.
Smoke Changes to British Cruisers
We increased the active time of the smoke generator on British cruisers from 7 to 15 seconds. This change should help you use to use your smokescreen consumable in a more efficient way and hide British cruisers deploying a smokescreen before slowing down significantly.
Other Ship Changes
We improved the effectiveness of the ‘Defensive Fire’ consumable for all US and Soviet destroyers. It now makes the AA gun aura four times as efficient when activated (previously three times as efficient), and more viable compared to other consumables you can mount in the same slot. Try it out!
T-22 – tier V German destroyer
- Standard firing reduced range from 9.8 to 9.1km, detectability range by air decreased from 3.4km to 2.6km, and detectability range by sea from 7km to 6.5km — this should improve your survivability and let you make the most of your torpedo damage potential.
Podvoisky – tier V Soviet destroyer
- Reduced main battery reload time from 9.2s to 8.1s, increasing main battery damage per second
Kirov – tier V Soviet cruiser
- Reduced main battery reload time from 15s to 13.5s
- This reload time change was introduced in order to increase the damage the ship can deal
Krasny Krym – tier V Soviet cruiser
- Reduced battery reload time from 9.2s to 8.1s. to increase the damage-dealing capability
Nicholas – tier V US destroyer
- Increased forward firing aiming angles of torpedo tubes, turret 3 for Hull B, and turret 4 for Hull A – this change should make it easier to aim the ship’s weapons at enemies
Iwaki Alpha – tier V Japanese cruiser
- Gains an additional slot for “Hydroacoustic Search” consumable
- Main battery firing range increased from 10.2km to 10.7km – this change is aimed at making the ship more competitive
Arkansas Beta – tier IV US battleship
- Firing range of secondary battery increased from 3.5km to 4.5km, with additional upgraded accuracy. This should improve the ship’s performance in close combat
Chester – tier II US cruiser
- Engine room armour increased, firing accuracy improved for short-range battles
Orlan – tier I Soviet cruiser
- Made minor changes to HP distribution in fore and aft ends and superstructures
- Main battery reload time reduced from 4.5s to 4.3s
Bougainville – tier I French cruiser
- Made minor changes to HP distribution in fore and aft ends and superstructures
- Main battery shell damage value increased from 1,000 to 1,400
New Tier X Rentals for Clan Battles
Did you play a Random or Clan Battle with a tier VIII-X ship during Update 0.6.12? If so you will know you received a special set of three, tier X ships ‘rented’ for temporary use: Japanese cruiser Zao, Japanese destroyer Shimakaze, and German battleship Großer Kurfürst.
These ships will be removed in Update 0.6.13, and replace them with the following three Tier X ships:
- German cruiser Hindenburg
- Soviet destroyer Grozovoi
- U.S. battleship Montana
These ships will be removed when Update 0.6.14 is released.
If you didn’t play a single battle in Update 0.6.12, play a Random or Clan battle in Update 0.6.13 with a tier VIII-X ship, and the 0.6.13 tier X rental ships appear on your account so you can play Clan Battles.
Want more information on the First Season of Clan Battles and ship rentals?
- Checked and unified survivability of AA guns and secondary guns per a single standard for U.S. and Japanese ships, and Soviet cruiser Murmansk. You’ll need to cause slightly less damage to a ship’s AA and secondary guns to incapacitate them – affected guns include Japanese and US 76mm guns, as well as U.S. 102mm and 40mm guns.
- A Clan’s tag will be of a certain colour in post-battle statistics, depending on the League a Clan reaches in the Clan Battles. If your Clan doesn’t belong to any League, its tag will be white.
- New visual tips on the battle loading screens correspond to the type of ship you selected, her armament and your account level. This should help players that are new to the game.
- Fixed the bug that caused incorrect graphics settings being selected during the first launch of the game.
- Now, the “Alt+Enter” hotkey combination enables the “Full-screen windowed” mode instead of “Full-screen” mode.
- Fixed the bug that caused the “Ready” button being active in the Clan Division when the player selected aircraft carrier.
- Fixed the bug that caused playing the wrong set of sounds for the Alabama battleship.
- We also changed the tech tree’s appearance, improving its look and information. A white frame surrounds all the ships you’ve purchased, while the XP and Credits required to get ships you don’t have appear on the ship’s icon.
- Changed FPS counter mechanism to be more accurate. It no longer indicates abnormally low values. You used to see the frame count instantly because it was read every 0.5s, but now it displays an average number of frames per second for the 50 frames that preceded the update tick. Most applications use this method, so we decided to adopt it as well.
- Removed a visual indicator located next to the ping reading, as it activated even during ‘hang-ups’ not related to ping, while the ping value provides just enough information.
- Fixed a bug due to which waiting order indicator did not appear on the icon of selected air group in battle.
- Fixed a bug due to which the sale cost of the ship was not shown in the centre of the system messages.
- Fixed a bug when in standard(random) battle capture icons for control areas were mixed up.
- The unused Upgrade “Main Battery Modification 1” will be removed from the player’s account and compensated in the amount of 62,500. credits.
- Tachibana, Tachibana Lima: Forward compartment HP reduced to 200 HP
- Isokaze Hull B: Steering gears HP increased by 400 HP
- Kongo Hull A: Forward magazine HP was reduced by 2,300 HP
- Izumo Hull B: Forward compartment HP increased by 100 HP
- Furutaka Hull B: Casemate HP reduced by 200 HP, superstructure HP was increased by 200 HP
- Storozhevoi Hull B: Superstructure HP reduced by 100 HP
- Sims: Forward compartment HP reduced by 100 HP
- Fletcher Hull A: Superstructure HP reduced by 100 HP
- Essex Hull A: Steering gears HP reduced by 800 HP
- Independence Hull A: Steering gears HP reduced by 400 HP
- Minekaze Hull B: Steering gears HP increased by 400 HP
– Hull A: Forward compartment HP reduced by 200, service space HP above casemate increased by 100 HP, aft compartment HP reduced by 100 HP, superstructure HP increased by 100 HP
– Hull B: Forward compartment HP reduced by 200, service space HP above casemate increased by 100 HP, aft compartment HP reduced by 100 HP, superstructure HP increased by 100 HP
– Hull C: Forward compartment HP reduced by 200, aft compartment HP reduced by 200 HP, superstructure HP increased by 500 HP
- EU only: You can now buy the Japanese Tier VIII Battleship, Kii in-game.
Developers, Supertesters and other special contributors will be able to test:
- German tier VI destroyer T-61
- Italian tier VII cruiser Duca degli Abruzzi
- French tier VI destroyer Aigle
- Japanese tier VII battleship Ashitaka
- Halloween ‘16 and ‘17 Ports.
- End of “Saving Transylvania” and “Sunray in the Darkness” operations.
- All Halloween ships, their commanders and slots that were previously added for these ships will be removed. (All upgrades, signals and flags will be demounted and stored in your inventory).
- If any enhanced consumables were mounted on the ship they will be removed from your account and compensated in the amount of 7,500 credits per consumable.