World of Warships Update 0.5.146 min read
World of Warships Update 0.5.14 is ready to be released! Here’s the dates for each server:
- NA Server: 09 November 2016
- EU Server: 10 November 2016
- Asia Server: 10 November 2016
New Permanent Camouflages
Added a set of camouflages for Tier X ships: Zao, Shimakaze, Hakuryu, Yamato, Midway, Montana, Des Moines, Gearing, Minotaur, Khabarovsk, Moskva, Großer Kurfürst, and Hindenburg. This set of camouflages has special properties that perfectly match the top ships of the corresponding branches:
- Standard battle bonuses (-3% to detectability from ships, +4% to enemy fire spread)
- -50% to service costs
- +20% to credits earned in a battle
- +100% for experience earned in a battle
- Price: 5,000 doubloons
More than that, we have changed the settings for higher-Tier ships’ permanent camouflages to make them more attractive and useful:
- Tier VII: Added 5% discount to service costs
- Tier VIII: Service cost discount has been doubled from 5% to 10%
- Tier IX: Service cost discount has been doubled from 10% to 20%
- In the battle HUD, aircraft names will now be replaced with aircraft tiers when the alternative battle interface mode is enabled. The full aircraft names that were previously used had poor legibility and did not contain any significantly useful information.
- Icons of destroyed ships displayed on the Minimap will now be noticeably different to icons of spotted ships (icons of destroyed ships became darker).
- On the Tactical Map, ship names will now be displayed when the alternative battle interface mode is enabled.
- Added an individual timer to the base/key area capture progress indicator. This timer shows the time remaining until the base/key area is captured, and is only visible for the player who is capturing the base.
- HP bar colour scheme has been adjusted.
- Added an icon next to the ship’s HP bar in the dynamic ship icon. This icon shows the currently bound key for the “Show Ship Status” control. By default, the [H] key is bound to this control.
Implemented support for Multisample Antialiasing (MSAA). 2x, 4x, and 8x antialiasing can be enabled via the graphics settings.
Please, keep in mind that it is necessary to update your graphics card drivers to achieve the best possible performance.
Increased the amount of credits and experience earned for damage dealt by other players to targets sighted by the player, without reducing the earnings for other actions.
As a result of this change, average earnings per battle have been increased by 1.5-3% for aircraft carriers, battleships and cruisers, and by 2-4% for destroyers.
Steven Seagal commander
Steven Seagal commander was given modified skills:
- Expert Loader: 75% to reload time when the shell type is switched
- Expert Marksman: +3 deg/s to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm, +1 deg/s to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139 mm
- Ambient sounds will now be chosen for playback depending on the map
- Improved sounds of main gun shots for some ships
- Improved sounds for AA armament
- Improved sounds for shells hitting the water
New Content for Testing
Updated Ship Models
Reworked models of Japanese destroyers Shimakaze and Shinonome in line with the new visual quality standards. We changed the appearance of small objects such as ropes, lines and guard railings. Moreover, Shimakaze now boasts an updated model for its main guns. In the future, we plan to rework the models for all the ships in the game.
- Fixed a rare bug that led to some inactive (away from keyboard) players receiving small amounts of experience and credits for damage by detection and tanking. Now, all inactive players will get zero rewards (experience and credits) per battle as was announced previously.
- Fixed an issue with the carousel rotation when leaving the battle (it did not return back to the start of the list).
- Fixed an error with the music playing in Yokosuka port.
- Fixed an error with the Tab-statistics window display.
- Fixed a bug where the UI was displayed in the corner of the battle loading screen.
- Fixed an issue with sun display for low settings.
- Fixed the bug where in the icon for incapacitated main guns the timer was stuck at zero.
- Fixed the bug where the reloading progress was displayed incorrectly for main guns.
- Fixed the bug where the air group icon was displayed after its carrier ship (controlled by the player) had been destroyed.
- Fixed the bug where displayed ribbons were overlapping in the battle HUD.
- Fixed the bug where backward sorting worked incorrectly in ship filters: the nations order in the carousel and in the filters has been changed (there were no changes in the player profile summary) and brought to the same order as in the Tech Tree (by appearance in the game).
- Fixed the error where the increase in ship performance characteristics was displayed incorrectly when a camouflage was selected for a ship with the camouflage already mounted on it.
- Fixed the bug where the ship HP bar was displayed incorrectly on some computer configurations.
- Fixed the error where an incorrect message was displayed about destruction of the player’s ship by a Fort.
- Fixed the bug where searching the list of players looking to join a Division worked incorrectly if the player was banned from chat.
- Fixed the error where the key area icon was displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed the bug where circles showing the engagement area radius for secondary and/or AA armaments were still displayed in the Minimap after all mounts of the corresponding type had been destroyed.
- Fixed the bug where the base/key area capture progress indicator did not show any capture progress after the player re-joined the battle.
- Fixed the error where the filter for Team Battles was still displayed in the filter panel during periods of time when Team Battles were unavailable.
- Fixed the error where ship names were displayed in the wrong case in some situations.
- Fixed the bug where the selector for auto-purchase was displayed incorrectly for permanent camouflages.
- Fixed the bug where the crosshairs for main guns/torpedo tubes were displayed incorrectly when only some mounts were fully ready to fire/launch torpedoes.
- Fubuki: AA has been changed for hull A to ensure greater historical accuracy. AA aura radius and strength have been decreased from 3.1 km and 15 damage per second to 1.2 km and 4 damage per second.
- Tirpitz: changed the thickness of the rear plating for the main calibre turrets from 220 mm to 320 mm.
- Kaiser: fixed the camera on the front main calibre gun. Now the AA guns, located on the front main calibre turret, no longer interfere with the view in the close-up camera. Also, a range finder location has been fixed.
- Nagato: An excessive 100 mm from the barbettes inside the citadels on the aft turret have been deleted for the top hull.
- Edinburgh: switched AA guns between each other on the stock hull. Their effectiveness hasn’t changed.
- Belfast: the visual model of the radar and animation settings have been tweaked.
- Murmansk: Fixed the camouflage display for the Main Calibre guns.
Minor Changes and Improvements
- Optimised the usage of system memory (RAM) and graphics card memory at low graphics quality settings.
- Reports for misbehaviour in chat will no longer be taken into account by the automatic ban system if the reported player has not written anything in the battle chat before the moment they are reported.
- 305-mm HE shell price for the Tier V battleship König has been decreased from 55 credits to 50 credits, to make it correspond to the price of an AP shell.
- “Saving Transylvania” game mode has been turned off.
- Destroyer Leningrad is now available for purchase in the game client.
- New Mexico: updated models for Mk31 and Mk33 directors.
- Weymouth: draft has been increased by 21 cm.
- Prinz Eugen and Hipper: the thickness of the rear armour for the 1st and 4th main calibre turrets has been increased from 60 to 90 mm.
- Fubuki (Hull A): updated the hull model using the special technique for displaying hand ropes and other thick objects on the ship.
- Shimakaze: updated the hull model using the special technique for displaying hand ropes and other thick objects on the ship; updated the main calibre guns, range finders, and housings models.
- Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen and König Albert images in the carousel are now displayed with the permanent camoflage on.