What is this? Yuzorah doing an article about the upcoming update?
Well… yeah. With previous updates, I thought that it wasn’t really worth it because there was honestly not much stuff to talk about. This time, with the new German collection, etc. it’s already a bit more interesting to look at.
Battle of Beasts
A new temporary event based on Germanic mythology:
- The event lasts 4 weeks. Once a week, you can choose one of 4 teams – Welthund, Feuerputz, Gluhschwanz, or Lindworm.
- During the event, you need to complete personal missions which are issued daily to everyone who participates in the event.
- Missions can be completed throughout the day in Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles.
- The result of completing missions is taken into account both in personal and team progress.
- By achieving a certain amount of personal and team progress, players receive rewards.
- Rewards: themed patches, flags, and camouflages, as well as a new temporary resource – Beast Tokens.
Tokens can be spent on various rewards in the Armory, including containers from the “German Destroyers” collection.
New commanders, flags and badges
Details of the event will be published in a separate article before the start of the event.
“German Destroyers” Collection
Another part of the event dedicated to early access to German destroyers will be a new collection that tells the history of these ships, their features, and weapons, as well as the people who served on them.
The collection is divided into 4 categories: plans of ships, AA armament, ship officers and military decorations.
Plans of Ships
Ships and Ship Commanders
Reward for collecting one full set: 1 day of Premium Account.
Reward for completing all sets: “Iron Cross” permanent camouflage for Gustav Julius Maerker and a special flag.
Collection items can only be obtained from “German Destroyers” containers.
There are many special items in our game. In Update 0.10.4, we are adding a new way to obtain collectible content – the auction, where various rare goods will become available. Besides the collecting aspect, the auction will also serve as an additional way to replenish stocks of resources and other in-game items.
- Each auction only lasts a limited time.
- The auction consists of the following stages:
- A lot is announced to be auctioned, with the starting price and number of winners becoming known.
- The opportunity to place bids opens.
- Summing up of the results of the auction. Bids are no longer accepted.
- The winners of the auction receive their rewards and the rest of the bidders get their bids back.
- You can change the size of the bid at any time while the lot is active.
- The player only knows the starting price, their personal bid, and the total number of possible winners.
- Depending on the lot, different in-game resources can be used for bids.
- The number of lots is limited. The highest bid wins. The winning bid is withdrawn from the winner’s account in exchange for the lot.
For example, if the auction item was a commemorative flag, with a total of 500 copies, at the end of the auction, each of the 500 players who bid the highest would receive one copy of the flag.
Achievement Interface Update
In 0.10.4, the interface of the “Achievements” section in the port will be updated:
- Updated the appearance of the achievement screen;
- Added categories and updated sorting of achievements;
- Updated tooltips in the Port and post-battle statistics;
- Disabled rewards for obtaining achievements. Now rewards can be obtained by completing special chains of combat missions, for the completion of which you need to receive achievements in battle.
Clan Battles 13th Season
From May 26 to July 12, the 13th season of Clan Battles will take place in a 7 vs 7 format on Tier X ships.
Limits on the number of ships:
- 1 Aircraft Carrier
- No more than 2 battleships. If the team has an aircraft carrier, the maximum number of battleships is reduced to 1.
Details of the season will be announced later.
Strangely, there is no achievement for the 13th season yet. However, there is this:
The Clan Battles “Grand Fleet” achievement was updated. Will they use it for this season? I honestly have no idea. They might simply wait for the 0.10.5 to add the achievement of the 13th season.
Season 3 of Ranked Battles will begin on May 19.
- 7 vs 7
- Tiers VI-VII in the Bronze League
- Tiers VIII-X in the Silver League
- Tier X in the Gold League
Details of the season will be announced later.
From June 7 to June 14, a 12 vs 12 Brawl will be held on Tier X ships in the “Arms Race” mode.
Details of the Brawl will be announced later.
Added the “Ice Serpent” permanent camouflage for Shikishima, available for clan tokens.
Added permanent camouflages “Veteran of Jutland” for Tier V Battleship Agincourt, “In honor of Skagerrak” for Tier III Battleship König Albert, “In memory of Jutland” for Tier VIII Cruiser Tiger ’59, and “Baltic strip” for Tier VII Cruiser Weimar.
Added the “Battle of Jutland” expendable camouflage.
There is also another permanent camouflage that was added called “Bagration_RTK”. It is more than likely linked to the clone of the Bagration announced as part of a collaboration. I suppose that RTK is another Russian ISP.
New Flags and Patches
Changes to Commander Skills
- The hit point bonus for each ship tier has been increased from 350 to 450.
- The enhanced skill has increased its hit point bonus from 400 to 500.
“Extra Heavy AP Shells”
- Damage of main battery AP shells increased from 5 to 7.5%
- Removed the penalty to the ship’s detectability.
Aircraft Carrier’s skills
- The 25% penalty to the action time of the “Patrol Fighters” or “Interceptor” consumables has been replaced with a 25% bonus.
“Super Heavy AP Shells”
- Damage of main battery AP shells increased from 5 to 7.5%;
- Fire extinguishing time and flooding recovery time reduced from 30 to 25%.
- Skill changed to “Swift in Silence”: Increases your ship’s speed by 10% while she remains undetected
With the release of 0.10.4, all commanders who have learned “Dead Eye” will have battleship skills reset for free. Skills of other classes won’t be reset.
Other Datamined Stuff
Updated and Added Plane Ordnance
With this update, for whatever reason, the icons for some of the different plane types were updated. They also added a dedicated icon for plane-dropped depth charges. It was somewhat expected since we know that there will soon be news about submarines.
The weird thing is that the icon of the Deep-Water Torpedo Bomber was among the other updated icons. Of course, it has been around for ages since there used one version of the RTS Graf Zeppelin and… I think that at some point during the “beta” of the CV rework they were also on some carriers but not 100% sure anymore.
I will be honest, I have no idea of why one would ever want deep-water torpedoes on torpedo bombers. There would basically be no way to use their reduced detection range since a player with at least 2 brain cells working will first notice the plane squadron that just dropped something in the water next to them. The gimmick could somewhat work with very stealthy planes dropping torpedoes with high speed and range but… eh. Good luck to the average Joe for landing a long-range drop without the ship-borne torpedo aim assist.
I do have a theory though. What if they were actually preparing at least one carrier dedicated to anti-submarine warfare? The deep-water torpedoes of the planes would be able to hit submerged submarines or something along those lines. It’s as I said a very rough theory from me, trying to figure out why they updated that plane icon.
Of course, another icon that was added was the new HE bombs air support that will soon be found on Dutch cruisers starting from tier VI.
New Battle Tips
Wargaming added two battle tips for skip bombers.
Except that, I didn’t see anything worth mentioning. Of course, I will later work on covering all the new ships that were added with this update.
Thank you for reading this article!
Don’t hesitate to subscribe to our notifications to make sure that you don’t miss any future articles.
Have a good one and see you soon!