“Hydroacoustic search” has been unified for all ships that have this consumable. Similar changes are going to be added for a “Smoke Generator” on every American ship. Now it’s way easier to memorize all these parameters and calculate their effect in a battle.
This is the list of the new parameters:
- Default HAS:
- for ships tier IV-VII – 4 km for ship detection range and 3 km for torpedoes detection range;
- for ships tier VIII – X – 5 and 3.5 km relatively.
- German HAS:
- for ships tier IV-VII – 5.5 km for ship detection range and 3.75 km for torpedoes detection range;
- for ships tier Vlll – X – 6 and 4 km relatively.
- “Smoke Generator” for all American ships – 30 seconds.
Balancer, Calendars, Ranked battle & Sprint
The balancing algorithm for battles on tiers VI – X is being tested. It will limit the number of destroyers in a battle to 4. If a battle is not ready and the waiting time for the first player in the line is already more than three minutes, this limitation will be turned off.
Now no more than 4 battleships and 4 destroyers are allowed in a co-op battle.
A new section has been added to the game – Calendars. Players can receive their rewards for visiting the game regularly. Calendar is available for new players. Later we plan to add other calendars as well.
A new format for ranked battles has been added to the game – Sprint. During the first two seasons of this format, players can participate using ships tier V in 6×6 and 8×8 battles relatively. There are 10 ranks available. It’s allowed to enter the battle in a division of two players. The duration of this season will be significantly shorter than the usual ones. League of Seawolves is turned off.
This format is more suitable for beginners but everybody can participate.
The mechanics of torpedo detection has been changed. A new algorithm checks the chance of damage for the ship’s class (for example, deep water torpedoes for a destroyer) and also takes into account speed and direction of the ships and torpedoes.
The main goal of this changes is to reduce the number of false alarms that are caused by non-dangerous torpedoes.
There are two notification stages of approaching torpedoes:
- Yellow-Informative. It works if a torpedo moves towards a ship at a distance of 3 km.
- Red-Dangerous. Turns on when if you continue in your ship’s direction, the torpedo will hit your ship or enter within a dangerous radius for your ship.