With the Update 0.8.10, we will get a new collection that is part of the Italian cruisers arc. By completing it, you will receive the Unique Italian commander Luigi Sansonetti.
The Italian nation will also receive unlockable emblems similar to those from other nations.
THE “RESOLUTE AND RAPID” COLLECTION
Update 0.8.10 welcomes a new collection to the game that’s dedicated to the Italian Navy. The words “Resolute and Rapid” refer to the motto of light cruiser Raimondo Montecuccoli—“Con risolutezza, con rapidità.” High speed was the hallmark of ships of the Regia Marina, while the Italian sailors’ determination and devotion to duty was recognized even by their enemies. The collection consists of four sections, with four elements in each:
Tour of Duty
Service Medals I
Service Medals II
The reward for completing the sections is 1 day of Warships Premium Account.
Containers with the collection items can be obtained during Update 0.8.10:
- From Daily Shipments
- As a reward for completing Directives of the “Italian Cruisers: Part 2” event
- In the Armory for Mediterranean Tokens—a new temporary resource
Mediterranean Tokens will be awarded for completing missions of the Directives and Daily Missions.
Elements of the collection can be obtained from the relevant event containers only. In Update 0.9.4, we’re planning to make the Resolute and Rapid containers available in exchange for Coal in the Armory. This will allow you to complete the collection later in case you miss anything during Update 0.8.10 and want to have Commander Luigi Sansonetti in your Port. The cost of the containers will be announced later.
The exchange rate of duplicates for other elements is 4 : 1. After you complete the collection, all duplicates will be automatically exchanged for 15 000 credits.
Italian Unique Commander: Luigi Sansonetti
The rewards for completing the entire collection are an achievement and the unique Italian Commander, Luigi Sansonetti, who possesses the following talents:
- Scorched by Fury—activates when you score the High Caliber achievement and reduces the reload time of the main battery guns by 5%.
- Triumphant Haul—activates after you destroy an enemy ship and extends the main battery firing range by 8%. Can be activated once per battle.
- Desperate Resistance—activates after you score 100 main battery shell hit ribbons and prolongs the action time for all consumables by 10%. Can be activated once per battle.
In addition, the Italian Commander boasts two enhanced skills:
- Expert Loader, which accelerates shell type switching by 75% instead of 50%.
- Torpedo Acceleration, which increases torpedo cruising speed by 7 knots instead of 5. At the same time, the reduction of their range remains the same—20%.
Like the other unique historical Commanders, Luigi Sansonetti has some special customizations: a broad pennant, colored shell tracers, and a signal flare that’s fired over the ship when a Commander’s talent is activated.
Overall, this commander is pretty good for the Italian cruisers and will help to compensate for their lack of range and slow reload speed even though 5% is a small reward for a high caliber.
Just like for all the other major nations, Italy will get special emblems that players can unlock by clearing the different milestones.
Just like for the other nations, the milestones can only be completed with Italian ships of tier VIII or above.
Regia Marina I
Win 15 battles in which you were among the top 3 XP earners on your team.
Regia Marina II
Win 25 battles in which you were among the top 3 XP earners on your team.
Regia Marina III
Win 50 battles in which you were among the top 3 XP earners on your team.
Forze d’èlite Della Regia Marina
Win 100 battles in which you were among the top 3 XP earners on your team.
While the Italian cruisers are a disappointment for me, I admit that the final emblem is seriously beautiful.