Today starts the 7th season of the Ranked Sprint format. This time, it will be fought in a 7 vs 7 format at tier VI, in Domination game mode and with carriers.
This time, we have an action-packed season of a short duration, with Ranked Battles unfolding in Domination mode on Tier VI ships. What makes a Ranked Sprint different from regular seasons of Ranked Battles? An easier competition format and reduced duration. The Sprint lasts for 10 days only, and contains fewer ranks—half of them being irrevocable. It also takes fewer Stars to climb to the top ranks. Participation in the Ranked Sprint brings a lavish amount of signal flags; 500,000 credits—and 10,000 Coal for the Armory as a reward for attaining Rank 1.
- All players with access to Ranked Battles in their Service Record are eligible for participation in Ranked Sprints. Beginners in World of Warships will have to play 130 battles in any of the available modes in order to gain access to them.
- Only Tier VI ships are allowed.
- Battles are fought in a 7 vs. 7 format. Team lineups are mirrored in terms of ship types.
- Only one aircraft carrier per team is allowed.
- By winning battles, players earn the Stars needed to climb the ranking ladder. For the majority of ranks, a defeat means a lost Star.
- The player with the most base XP in a team doesn’t lose a Star upon their team’s defeat.
- The number of ranks is 10, which is less than in a regular season.
- All players start battles at Rank 10.
- Players receive a bonus star for each new rank attained.
- Ranks 10, 9, 8, 5, and 3 are irrevocable. Players can’t lose stars at Ranks 10 or 9.
- This season, all ranks are combined into a single league.
- Ranked Sprint achievements aren’t inherited from previous Ranked Battle seasons, and aren’t transferred to those that follow.
- Stars earned in Ranked Sprints are not counted as the Stars required to be awarded Ranked Battle emblems.
- Divisions are allowed in Ranked Sprints.
- The maximum number of players in a Division is two.
- A Division can enter battle only if the opposing team also has a Division.
- Each team can have a maximum of three Divisions.
- Rank 1 is the highest achievable rank.
- Players who attain Rank 1 can no longer participate in further battles of the current season.
Battles will be fought in Domination mode on the following maps: Archipelago, Ring, Big Race, New Dawn, and Trident.
For destroyers, T-61 is a very good pick thanks to her hydroacoustic, good firepower and torpedo power.
Shinonome is also a good option because of her good concealment, strong alpha damage on her guns and for the torpedoes that I personally find amazing for this tier.
Outside of that… I would say that Guépard will also be a solid pick because of her huge HP pool and great firepower.
For cruisers… depending on how popular carriers are, Dallas and Pensacola might be a good option for their anti-air and in the case of Pensacola, for her strong firepower.
Graf Spee will also be nice for her sustain capacity and (when they agree to work) her strong guns.
Safe options are also Budyonny that is a nice all-rounder with strong guns and La Galissonière for her damage output with the Main Battery Reload Booster.
For battleships, if carriers are around, I would tell you to forget the likes of West Virginia, Arizona or Mutsu because carriers will just farm them to oblivion.
Fuso will definitely be a nice pick with her 12 guns and great armor.
I can also recommend Warspite with her accurate and meaty main guns plus her special repair party.
Except that… the only reasonable pick I can think of would be Izmail with her terribly strong main batteries if you can forget her awful armor layout.
For carriers, it’s simple. Ryujo. Just Ryujo. Amazing torpedoes, AP bombs that have nothing to really block them at this tier, Rockets that are doing fairly well against destroyers. The ship was already the best tier VI carrier just like Hakuryu is the best tier X but now they buffed her even further:
Japanese aircraft carrier VI Ry?j?:
- The total number of torpedo bombers in a squadron has been increased from 6 to 8
- The total number of bombers in a squadron has been increased from 6 to 8
- The total number of torpedo bombers on the deck has been increased from 9 to 12
- The total number of bombers on the deck has been increased from 9 to 12
I think that I know what I will be playing this season.