Update 0.5.13 is incoming to all servers and will bring the complete British Cruiser branch to the game. Here’s the release dates for all servers:
- NA Server: October 19; preparation begins at 03:00 PT/ 06:00 ET until 05:00 PT/ 08:00 ET.
- EU Server: October 20; preparation begins at 05:30 CEST until 07:30 CEST
- SEA Server: October 20; preparation begins at 06:00 UTC+8 until 08:00 UTC+8
Daily missions are going to be replaced with a more sophisticated and interactive system of Containers, which delivers more value to the players. Every player will now receive up to three containers daily, each filled with very different contents, from credits to rare premium ships. Containers drop in the event that a player earns a certain amount of EXP (considering all possible modifiers).
- This feature will be available starting from Level 4 of the Service Record.
- In each 24-hour period, players can collect up to three containers using EXP that they have earned in battles. Under the current settings, the first container can be collected for 2,000 EXP, the second one can be collected for 10,500 EXP, and the third one can be collected for 24,500 EXP.
- EXP that can be used to collect containers is added separately, and the amount added is as ship EXP earned. In this way, the player does not lose anything.
- At the end of a 24-hour period (08:00 UTC+8), containers will be delivered to a player (if the player has not taken them manually), EXP counters will reset, and EXP starts accumulating again from the beginning of the next 24-hours.
- The player can store as many as 1,000 unopened containers. When this limit is reached, the “oldest” containers will be opened automatically in order to free the storage space for new containers.
- Players can select any of the four options that correspond to Standard Container types as below.
Standard Containers include:
- More credits (three common rewards inside; one of these rewards will be credits; standard chance of receiving an epic container);
- More signal flags and camouflage (three common rewards inside; one of these rewards will be Signal Flags or Consumables; standard chance of receiving an epic container);
- More consumables (three common rewards inside; one of these rewards will be a set of Damage Control Party II consumables; standard chance of receiving an epic container);
- Try your luck (one common reward inside; increased chance of receiving an epic container);
- Moreover, after selecting any option a player has a chance of getting a supercontainer (with one epic reward inside) instead of the selected container type:
If a player gets a Premium ship that is already in their possession, they will receive compensation in the form of credits. In the future, we plan to improve the system so that it will take into account the items that the player already possesses.
If the player does not collect the containers manually during the 24-hour period but has earned enough EXP to collect them, the system will automatically collect the containers for the player at the start of a new 24-hour period in order to prevent wastage of EXP earned by the player. In this case, the type of container will be selected at random. However, the “Try Your Luck” option will be excluded from the randomised selection, because a player must select it by themselves.
Common Rewards include:
- Signal Flags
- Small amount of Free EXP
- Slots for ships and places in the Reserve for Commanders
- Enhanced consumables of all types
Epic Rewards include:
- Large amount of credits
- Large amount of Free EXP
- Premium Account time
- Large quantity of Signal Flags
- Large quantity of Consumables
- Premium ships, including rare ships and the ships that are usually unavailable for purchase
The most valuable rewards will naturally be the rarest. Players can earn containers by simply playing the way they like and earning EXP. They can receive up to 3 containers per 24-hours. Preliminary calculations indicate that with Containers implementation users’ economic balance significantly increases in terms of earned credits, camouflages and consumables. Don’t forget, by opening containers, you can win receive epic rewards such as several thousand doubloons or rare premium ships. This makes them way more beneficial than Daily Missions.
Moreover, there is always a chance of getting an epic reward such as several thousand Doubloons or a rare Premium ship like Gremyashchy, which makes the Containers system more advantageous to players than Daily Missions.
There are no empty containers. You will be rewarded whenever you collect them!
Each player who has unlocked daily missions (Level 4 in the Service Record) will receive five containers (one of every type) as a gift after the release of version 0.5.13. This will help all players to immediately see the advantages of this new system. In contrast to standard containers, these containers will include predetermined rewards:
- Container with Credits
- 50,000 credits
- Consumable “Smoke Generator II” x 3
- Signal Flag “Hotel Yankee” x 3
- Container with Signal Flags
- 500 Free EXP
- SIgnal Flag “Sierra Mike” x 5
- SIgnal Flag “November Foxtrot” x 5
- “Try your luck” Container
- Camouflage “Ocean Soul” x 5
(Detectability Range: -3%, Credit Bonus: +20%, EXP Bonus: +100%, Enemy’s Maximum Dispersion: +4%)
- Camouflage “Ocean Soul” x 5
- Consumable “Damage Control Party II” x 250
- Container with Consumables
- Consumable “Damage Control Party II” x 3
- Consumable “Defensive AA Fire II” x 3
- Consumable “Engine Boost II” x 3
These predetermined rewards will be only included in the “starter gift” containers. All successive rewards will be provided at random according to their description.
The branch of British light cruisers from Tier I to Tier X was added to the game: Black Swan, Weymouth, Caledon, Danae, Emerald, Leander, Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune, and Minotaur.
The following features are inherent in the new ships to different extents:
- Starting from Tier II, each ship in this branch will brandish 152 mm main guns. On one hand, this means that these guns have a high firing rate. On the other hand, their ballistic properties and penetration will not be top notch and the maximum AP/HE shell damage will be low.
- All ships in this branch will only have AP shells. However, these shells will boast excellent ricochet angles and low fuse arming delay times, which will significantly decrease the number of ricochets and overpenetrating hits.
- Their engines have great dynamic properties. They provide good acceleration and they lose less speed when turning.
- Starting from Tier III, all ships in this branch feature torpedo tubes with decent characteristics: torpedo ranges, speeds and damage make these torpedo tubes not just an auxiliary armament but a weapon that performs just as well as the ships’ main batteries.
- Moreover, torpedoes can be launched from these torpedo tubes one by one, which provides new tactical opportunities because players will be able to set the trajectory of each individual torpedo when launching.
- The cruisers have average or relatively low speed, but boast excellent manoeuvrability.
- Their hulls lack heavy armour protection and have a relatively high beam. In contrast to their peers, this results in fewer overpenetrating hits (which deal minimal damage) received from large-calibre shells at close ranges.
- The ships have relatively compact dimensions and low detectability.
- The Defensive AA Fire consumable is not available on the ships in this branch. The basic effectiveness of these ships’ AA defenses is low (with the exception of Tier IX – X ships equipped with powerful dual-purpose guns that have a long firing range).
- The Smoke Generator consumable is available for the ships in this branch from from Tier V onwards.
- The Surveillance Radar consumable is available from Tier VIII onwards, and it can be used in place of the Smoke Generator consumable.
- The Repair Party consumable is available from Tier III onwards. Its effectiveness exceeds that of ordinary consumables from Tier VIII it becomes much more efficient comparing to ordinary cruiser consumable.
On the whole, the ships in the new branch are excellent destroyer hunters. Their low detectability and rapid-firing guns with unique AP shells make them most effective in encounters with the “natural prey” that cruisers were meant to hunt. However, their firepower and protection make these ships ineffective in direct encounters with enemy heavy cruisers, let alone the encounters with battleships. Captains of these ships should make us of their excellent torpedo armament and the ability to set smoke screens to damage heavily protected targets or quickly retreat.
The top-tier ship of the branch, Minotaur, was the epitome of design for light cruisers at the beginning of the postwar period. In addition to her compact dimensions, manoeuvrability, and low detectability, this cruiser boasts an amazing firing rate, and her dual-purpose guns provide a superior AA engagement area radius. However she is vulnerable in direct encounters with heavy cruisers and battleships due to her weak armour.
- Fixed various minor defects on all game maps.
- Fixed various minor defects in the Saint Petersburg Port.
- Added a “Cloudy” version to visual weather effects for the following maps: Archipelago, Strait, the Atlantic, Fault Line, Islands of Ice, Trap, Two Brothers, Land of Fire, Shards, Okinawa
- On the “Okinawa” map, an alternative set of visuals for the start of a Cyclone was added. However the overall chance of a Cyclone when playing on this map will remain unchanged.
- Reworked lighting and made shell tracers, torpedo sights and smoke screen boundaries more noticeable on the following maps: Loop, Tears of the Desert, Polar, Islands of Ice, and Shards
- Balance changes in the following maps:
- Fault Line: all changes on this map affect coasts of islands near the key area C. For the “upper” team, we made the route into the passage more comfortable when proceeding from the “lion-shaped” island. Moreover, we added some high ground at Line 9 for both teams due to balance considerations.
- Trap: we discovered that the winrates were different for teams that spawn in the upper left and lower right corners of the map. Because of this, we reworked some islands to make the battle terms equal for the opposing teams.