In this second Common Test, the revamped Frontline will be available with a shared progression with Steel Hunter. Frontline is available only for preliminary testing. Values and various characteristics that are relevant for the Common Test are subject to change after their release.
Balance changes have been made to the Kraftwerk and Normandy maps.
Normandy: Changes in zone B will allow defenders to better repel attacks while zone C will be easier to capture.
Kraftwerk: We added more routes and positions to approach pillboxes 2 and 3 from the center line. Also, we changed the locations of the Resupply Circles for the last defense line so that the attacking team can use them easier.
A large-scale event in 2020 that includes 2 modes: Frontline in the first part of the year and Steel Hunter in the second part of the year. Each mode has its own rewards. Expedition will have its own currency (tokens), which can only be earned in Frontline and Steel Hunter. Effective players who earn all Frontline tokens can redeem them for one of the exclusive Tier IX reward vehicles. Players will be able to earn a second Tier IX reward vehicle or collect the remaining number of tokens to receive the first Tier IX reward vehicle during the Steel Hunter event.
Changes to Frontline
- The player’s progression through the event was reworked. In particular, we added missions that become available once the maximum Frontline Tier of a Stage is achieved.
- Expanded Vehicle Respawn. In addition to the lane, players will be able to select one of several points on different flanks, including those behind the front lines.
- Changed the parameters of Airstrike.
- Reworked the interfaces and associated sounds.
- Fixed the issue of information being trimmed about the start of Ranked Battles in the battle selector, which occurred when the operating system used an extended format for displaying time and date (for example, U.S. format).
- Fixed some technical issues.
Changes to the Technical Characteristics of the Following Vehicles
The following vehicle was added for testing by Supertest players:
- IS-2 shielded