Today World of Tanks welcomes the first update of 2020: 1.7.1. The new version features, among other things, a trio of heavies brandishing a couple of large-calibre guns each. Here’s what you need to know before rushing to research them to take these formidable armoured vehicles for a spin.
The double-barreled newcomers are all Soviet, sitting at Tiers VIII, IX, and X in an all-new branch stemming from the KV-3 at Tier VII. They are capable of firing their twin guns consecutively or in thundering salvos (the latter requiring some time to prepare).
The first in this new line of heavies is the IS-2-II. Those tankers who found an Object 703 II in their New Year Boxes should feel right at home with the IS-2-II as they handle similarly. However, the new, researchable Tier VIII gunslinger will forsake some of its one-time damage for a faster reload time.
At Tier IX, players will be introduced to the IS-3-II and its firm handshake, one capable of dealing 390 points of damage in a single shot. And finally, at Tier X they will tame the ST-II. It’s much like the ST-I already present in the game: it’s as well-armoured and utilizes the same 122-mm gun that’s able to inflict 440 points of damage with a standard round. The difference is, the ST-II brings two of these guns to a fight.
“The concept of double-barreled tanks haunted many a tank engineer,” says Max Chuvalov, World of Tanks Publishing Director at Wargaming. “But due to various reasons, no such project has ever been brought to life. Yet in our game, you can ride these monsters into battle looking just as they would have come to be.”
Besides the two-barreled Soviet heavies, Update 1.7.1 offers tankers a very useful tool: the Demount Kit. It allows players to demount equipment from a vehicle without any Gold cost. And for those who like making their tanks look stunning, they will have access to several new 3D styles.
A new type of consumables (Demounting Kit) has been added to the game: it allows demounting one item of complex equipment without using gold.
This consumable can be received from each fifth (large) Reward for Merit. Improved Equipment still can be demounted only for bonds.
- Changed the base locations for Encounter Battles on the Ruinberg and Siegfried Line maps.
- Made balance changes that affect the locations of spawn points for Encounter Battles on the Himmelsdorf, Ensk, Cliff, Ruinberg, Siegfried Line, Murovanka, Steppes, Lakeville, Prokhorovka, and Mines maps. The number of possible spawn points has been reduced from 30 to 15 per team.
- Encounter Battles may now take place on the Cliff map.
For the duration of the Team Clash event, the Grand Battle type has been disabled in the game.
Changes to the technical characteristics of the following vehicles
Added the following vehicles for testing by Supertest players:
- Char Futur 4
- Bat.-Châtillon Bourrasque
Added a sub-branch of tanks using the double-barreled gun system that includes the following vehicles:
- IS-2-II (Tier VIII)
- IS-3-II (Tier IX)
- ST-II (Tier X)
Added the following vehicle for testing by Supertest players:
- Object 752
- Players can re-train crew members for special vehicles that are currently not available in the game.
- There is no protection from spam-clicking on the minimap.
- Vehicle type icons in the extended vehicle panels do not change their colour dynamically when selecting Colorblind mode in battle.
- The order of events for received damage is sometimes mixed up in the damage log.
- The client cannot be maximized to full-screen mode while the player is having a Skype call.
- The vehicle tiers on the screen displayed upon pressing TAB are not centred relative to the vehicle icons.
- When a vehicle hits the ground and doesn’t damage modules, the sound of taking damage is played.
- Oscillating aiming circle in the 16x and 25x magnifications in Siege Mode during Frontline battles.
- The reticle indicator remains on the SPG after switching to the Artillery mode if a vehicle partially intersects the red line.
- Events at the end of the battle are not synchronized with the text of the battle result.
- In some cases, automatic repair/replenishment of ammo and consumables after a battle does not take place, even if the amount of credits on the account is sufficient.
- In some cases, fallen trees fall through the terrain.
- Consumables are not replenished from the Depot if the player does not have enough credits for a complete automatic ammunition resupply.
- If the Barracks are full, players cannot sell a vehicle with the Crew Member’s Dismissal option selected.
- Low volume of the vehicle destruction sound.
- Upon successful completion of the Alliance-14 mission during the Chimera operation, the failed mission icon is displayed after the battle.
- The track repair bar fills up before the repair finishes, and the vehicle can start moving.
- At screen resolutions below 1366×768, when the option “Hide nickname in battle” is enabled, the text of the “Create Platoon” button in the Garage extends outside the button itself.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed the issue of players with long nicknames being unable to see the icon of the enabled anonymizer in battle.
- Fixed the issue of the missing reloading sound for double-barreled vehicles.
- Fixed the issue of incorrect crediting of rewards for completing Personal Missions that have conditions of the following type: Do a total of X in Y battles.
- Fixed the issue of transition from Session Statistics to the Hall of Fame.
- Fixed the issues of game client freezing when completing Bootcamp.
- Fixed the description of the reward styles earned for Ranked Battles.
- Fixed the aiming-related issue for double-barreled vehicles in Frontline mode.
- The Personal Score tab of Battle Results no longer displays the actual nickname of the player if they had the anonymizer enabled.
- Added the information about XP received through the manageable multiplier to XP (available within WoT Premium Account) to the Detailed Report of Battle Results.
- Removed information about Mastery Badges from Session Statistics if such Badges are missing.
- Improved the operation of the Excluded Maps screen.
- Fixed the incorrect behaviour of the server aiming circle when using Auto-Aim.
- Fixed the issue of the wobbling camera for SPGs in Trajectory Aim.
- Fixed the issue of a badge overlapping with the player’s nickname at low screen resolutions.
- Closed areas that were not intended for gameplay (ruined houses) on the Ruinberg and Siegfried Line maps.
- Improved the display of the 3D styles for the Object 261 and the Kranvagn.