Update 1.16.1 is coming, Commanders! Try out the new features in the aiming interface, fight as Strategists and Tankers in the newest Art of Strategy event, and get ready for the return of Frontline, featuring game and balance adjustments!
Improved Vehicle Outlining
- Simplified outlining of vehicles has been added. When aiming at a vehicle, the game displays the contour that includes only armor elements that shells can interact with.
- The collision models of some vehicles have been reworked to improve their display when simplified outlining is enabled.
- The option to enable the display of obstacles for shells (inside the vehicle outlining) has been implemented.
- By default, rendering obstacles inside the collision model and vehicle outlining by collision model will be disabled. The options can be enabled in the game settings (in the Reticle tab).
- Enabling options of outlining and display of penetrable/impenetrable obstacles may result in reduced performance on low-end computers.
- Trade-In mechanics have been improved, resulting in an increased number of offers for exchange.
- The interface has been updated to make vehicle exchange clearer and more user-friendly.
Art of Strategy
The Art of Strategy game event will be launched soon after the release of the Update.
- Launches of the Frontline mode will take place during the final period of each Battle Pass Season. This way, players can be distracted from Random Battles while still having the opportunity to earn Battle Pass Points.
- Only Tier VIII vehicles are permitted in the mode.
- The first defense line base capture time has been set back again to 2 minutes and 30 seconds (as opposed to 2 minutes and 15 seconds on the Common Test).
- The following vehicles are available for rental: the T32, T-44, AMX AC mle. 48, and WZ-132.
- The cost of vehicle rental within the mode will now decrease each day. Players who miss the first days of the event will not pay the full rental cost.
- Changes to Combat Reserves.
- The Engineering Combat Reserve has been moved to Recon Reserves.
- Smoke Screen has been moved to Tactical Reserves.
- Smoke Screen now not only conceals all allied and enemy vehicles in and behind the smoke, but it also reduces the effectiveness of the enemy crew by 15% and decreases the view range by 30%.
- The number of shells during the Artillery Strike has been increased from 16/18/20 to 20/24/28 (in accordance with the Combat Reserve level).
- A Combat Reserve of a particular type is now always bound to a certain hotkey, regardless of the vehicle. At the same time, the order of unlocking Combat Reserves in battle for different types of vehicles will vary.
- The order of Combat Reserves for SPGs has been changed. Current order: Attack Reserves, Recon Reserves, Tactical Reserves.
Changes to the Map Roster for New Players
If at least one new player (recently registered) participates in a Tier V or VI battle, the battle will take place on one of the following 14 maps: Karelia, Lakeville, Mannerheim Line, Malinovka, Mountain Pass, Sand River, Province, Prokhorovka, Ruinberg, Steppes, Widepark, Cliff, El Halluf, or Ensk.
- Visual display of the damage log (on the damage panel) has been improved. Now icons for shells of SPGs and other vehicle types, as well as HE shells of different types, visually differ from each other.
- The Smooth Camera Zoom option has been moved from the Reticle → Artillery tab to the General tab, and now applies to all vehicles.
- For SPGs, the aiming interface has been fixed when moving the camera in Trajectory View.
- The parameter name has been changed from Burst Radius to Damage Radius.
- The invisible obstacle in square F5 has been removed.
- The possibility to drive into non-playable areas in squares E8, F7, and F8 has been removed.
- The possibility to drive into a non-playable area in square C0 has been removed.
- The possibility to get stuck in squares D4, E7, F2, J4, and H6 has been removed.
- The possibility to drive into non-playable areas next to large-caliber gun turrets #1, #3, and #4 has been removed.
- The possibility to get stuck on the respawn zone behind large-caliber gun turrets #2, on the slope west of large-caliber gun turrets #5, and next to the Resupply Circle southwest of Base C has been removed.
- Several positions for attackers have been improved to make the game balance more comfortable for them. Details will be provided in the article devoted to the Frontline map rebalance.
Informing New Players
- The Session Statistics button will not be displayed for new players who have played fewer than two battles.
- The “New” hint on the mode selection screen will not be displayed for new players who have played fewer than 10 battles.
- The “Dog Tag” hint in the Garage will not be displayed for new players who have played fewer than 100 battles.
Some decals have been removed from the in-game Store:
- Band-Aid 1
- Double Bend
- Left Patches
- Inverted Chevron
Performance in complex compound effects and scenarios has been improved (overall CPU load has been reduced, and core utilization improved).
Changes to Technical Characteristics of the Following Vehicles:
- The collision model of the T-34-1 model 2 turret has been reworked to match its visual model.
The following vehicle has been added for testing by Supertest players: Object 259A.
- In some cases, the sequence of events in the damage log is distorted.
- In some cases, falling trees fall through the terrain.
- Upon successful completion of the Alliance-14 mission during the Chimera operation, the failed mission icon is displayed after the battle.
- The Battle Results screen is missing an entry about the completion of the last mission in a series.
- When mounting the Experimental Optics equipment, the view range value is rounded down.
- The conditions of Personal Missions are not displayed upon pressing N in Grand Battles.
- When using the “Driving to position!” command on a pre-battle marker, the chat does not display the corresponding message.
- The voice notification about hitting an enemy vehicle with its subsequent destruction is missing.
- In some cases, overturned vehicles receive a penalty for leaving a battle before it ends.
- On high graphics settings, when switching to the Sniper mode and zooming in on foliage, the FPS rate decreases.
- The icon of ammo rack detonation is repeatedly displayed above vehicles destroyed beyond the draw circle when such vehicles enter the player’s draw circle radius.
- In some cases, the number of credits is not updated when opening the Credit Reserve.
Fixed Issues and Improvements
- The display of the Manageable Bonus to Experience on the Battle Results screen has been improved.
- The volume of some crew voiceover phrases has been increased.
- On the purchase conformation screen for the suspensions of the wheeled vehicles, the caterpillar icon has been replaced with a wheel icon.
- The volume of hits taken by the player’s own vehicle when in the Sniper mode has been reduced.
- Fixed the issue of notifications about destroyed vehicles being displayed on the minimap (and not above it) in some cases.
- The server Reticle has been improved.
- Fixed the issue of players not being able to create a Platoon of Tier VII vehicles in some cases.
- Fixed the issue of a message about impossible mounting being displayed when changing an item of equipment to another with a similar effect.
- The Anonymizer indicator has been added to the team lists in battle.
- Fixed the issue of the shot sound being duplicated when quickly switching from the Sniper to Arcade Aim.
- Fixed the issue of the vehicle’s turret being shifted a little when applying a style to the IS-4.
- The collision model of the Caernarvon Action X has been improved.
- Collectors’ Vehicles cannot be received as a Briefing reward any more.