Update 1.14.1 is here and it brings new rebalancing changes to the Chinese medium tank branch, and one heavy, and some improvements to Field Modifications. Update 1.14.1 Common Test 1 started on September 16 and should run until September 23, when we should get the second iteration.
Chinese Vehicles Rebalancing
Vehicle balance in World of Tanks is in a perpetual and natural state of flux, with the stats for individual tanks as well as whole branches getting adjusted based on their battle performance. Judging by the recent data (Harkonnen: Recent data? Lol, took them years to notice that this branch needed a revisit… Seems the Chinese market started to demand changes to their favourite tanks!), the time has come for a complete rebalance of Chinese heavy and medium tanks, including seven researchable vehicles and a Premium one.
Each vehicle’s case is individual, with different stats that need changing, but the revisions to be made in 1.14.1 are all designed to make playing these Chinese tanks more convenient. Take note that the exact values aren’t final (as is always the case during these tests).
Field Modification Adjustments
The feedback we’ve been receiving indicates that you’re enjoying Field Modification, but there are still some details of this new feature that could be improved. We’ve addressed your concerns with a number of quality-of-life improvements.
- You will be able to switch off the selection of Alternate Configuration appearing before a battle starts. This can be done directly in the Field Modification screen of a vehicle, separately for the Essentials Loadout (consumables and shells) and the Auxiliary Loadout (equipment and directives). No more battles without ammo! The setting will be separate for each specific vehicle and available when the vehicle is not in battle or a detachment and is fully repaired. Naturally, you will only be able to set it for vehicles that are currently in your Garage.
- Changing the ammo type on the battle loading screen will become possible, as requested.
- You will be able to quickly swap between Dual Modifications in the Field Modification screen. Previously, one had to be cancelled before the other one could be purchased. Now, the previous Dual Modification will be cancelled automatically if you purchase the other one from the pair. (This means less time spent clicking and more time fighting!).
- Tactical roles of Tier VI–X vehicles specified in Field Modification will now be reflected on the World of Tanks portal, including player profiles, Tankopedia, and Hall of Fame. You will be able to apply vehicle role filters in all three of these places.
- One last small change worth mentioning is the addition of the Field Modification section to the in-game player’s guide.