Now you can select the default state of hull lock in Sniper mode for tank destroyers and other tanks with limited turret/gun traverse angles. To enable the free movement of crosshairs, untick the box in the corresponding menu. Plus, you’ll be able to switch hull lock on or off in Sniper mode right in battle by using the “X” key. We’ve also added new sounds for the manual activation/deactivation of hull lock.
- World of Tanks servers will be down on 20 April from 02:00 to 08:00 UTC +8 for ASIA Region.
- World of Tanks servers will be down on 21 April from 02:30 to 09:30 CEST (UTC+2) for EU Region.
Matchmaking Improvements: Novice Queue
We’ve improved the matchmaker to make it easier for novices to grasp the basics of World of Tanks and adapt to the game. The matchmaker will create a separate queue for novices in low-tier (I–V) matches so that they can improve in more comfortable and less competitive battles.
The matchmaker will aim to create battles only with novices on both teams. But if there are not enough new players to create 2 full and equal teams, the matchmaker will try to assemble a Random Battle by adding regular players or, rarely, when there’s low population on the server during early/late hours, AI-controlled vehicles. You will instantly be able to distinguish all AI players via the ellipsis (“…”) in the player list interface. Their presence in battle will be completely transparent, and they will only be added in novice battles involving vehicles between Tiers I–V.
Novices in low-tier Random Battles (Tier I–V) will find themselves matched against fellow novices to ensure they play in more comfortable battles.
If they purchase a Tier VII–VIII Premium vehicle, but continue to fight in low-tier (Tier I–V) battles, they will still be considered a novice.
If a novice enters a battle using low-tier (Tier I–V) vehicles, the matchmaker will try to assemble the battle in a separate queue involving only novices on both teams. But if there are not enough novices to create two full teams, the matchmaker will try to add regular players to these specific novice battles. If they enter a battle using a Tier VI vehicle as a novice player, they will instantly be placed in a standard Random Battles queue with regular players.
There are five maps for Tier I–III battles: Mines, Himmelsdorf, Abbey, Ensk, and Steppes, which will be randomized regardless of the opponents a player will face in battle (novices, regulars, or AI players). All other maps are available for battles involving Tier IV and higher vehicles.
AI Players at Lower Tiers
Our priority is to make sure that novices play against fellow novices so they can adapt to the game more easily.
But, depending on the server, time of day, and the current state of the queue, the matchmaker may not have enough players to form equal and competitive teams in Tier I–V matches. Adding AI-controlled tankers helps us quickly get players into battle and allows the matchmaker to assemble battles faster. On highly populated servers, players will be less likely to encounter AI players, but it may still happen from time to time.
We want the presence of AI-controlled vehicles in battle to be completely transparent. Therefore, AI players are distinguishable from regular players by an ellipsis (…) in the player list interface. Here are other points to note about battles with AI players:
- Dealing damage to, and destroying AI enemies will award players with the same amount of XP as they would receive for damaging and destroying regular opponents.
- Just like in regular battles, players can earn achievements and rewards, and make progress in Personal Missions.
Improving the Battle Experience
These matchmaker changes are a win-win for both novices and regular players. They will help us maintain the fair and competitive spirit of the game and:
- reduce the difficulty curve to make it easier for novices to grasp the basics of World of Tanks and motivate them to play and win.
- match more experienced commanders with skilled opponents, so they can continue to challenge and improve their abilities.
- decrease the queue time for all players, especially on low-population servers.
Battle Interface Improvements
Players can set the default state of hull lock in Sniper mode in the game settings for tank destroyers and other vehicles with limited turret/gun traverse angles.
- If enabled, the gameplay will remain unchanged.
- If disabled, the gameplay will be similar to vehicles featuring Siege mode.
Players now have the option to toggle hull lock in Sniper mode in battle using the “X” key.
New sounds for manual activation/deactivation of hull lock have been added.
The welcome window and battle results windows, as well as the Bootcamp exit window, have been changed. A training progress bar has been added.
Rewards for Clan Tasks
New customization elements have been added: they can be received as a reward for completed clan tasks.
Changes to Technical Characteristics
The following vehicle has been added: Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H Ankou.
The following vehicle has been added for testing by Supertest players: 114 SP2
- In some cases, the sequence of events in the damage log is distorted.
- The client cannot be maximized to full-screen mode while the player is in a Skype call.
- In some cases, falling trees fall through the terrain.
- Upon the successful completion of the Alliance-14 mission during the Chimera Operation, the failed mission icon is displayed after the battle.
- The Battle Results screen is missing an entry about the completion of the last mission in a series.
- When shooting at the ground from a distance of over 500 m, the hit effect is displayed next to the vehicle that made the shot.
- When mounting the Experimental Optics equipment, the view range value is rounded down.
- The conditions of Personal Missions are not displayed upon pressing N in Grand Battles.
- When using the “Driving to position!” command on a pre-battle marker, the chat does not display the corresponding message.
- In the Exterior menu, the model of the current vehicle is replaced with the one that has returned from battle.
- On the Normandie map in Frontline mode, some Swedish tank destroyers may spawn on their side.
- In the team panel, vehicle names are displayed with different fonts.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed the issue of the game client sometimes hanging after entering a battle.
- Fixed the issue of the game client sometimes hanging after exchanging gold for credits.
- Fixed the issue of some sounds and the map intro soundtrack not playing after a game crash.
- Fixed the issue of consumables not being replenished from the Depot if the player did not have enough credits for automatic full ammo replenishment after battle.
- Fixed the issue of technical text being displayed in the 3D style preview window.
- The display of the flag on the Kantemirovets 3D style has been improved.
- Added the Battle Pass welcome screen that displays info about additional rewards for completion of the daily missions.
- Players can now go to the menu of the progressive customization elements from the battle results screen.
- After achieving a record series of certain awards (Sharpshooter, Master Gunner, etc.), the award description on the battle results screen now displays information about the record series and the vehicles in which the best result has been achieved.