- Only Tier VIII vehicles are allowed in the mode.
- Two teams, 30vs30:
- Attackers must destroy at least three out of five main objectives (pillboxes) within the time limit.
- Defenders must defend the main objectives.
- Map size: 9 square kilometers.
- Functionally, the map is divided into 8 zones:
- line 1: starting zone for the attacking team
- line 2: starting zone for the defending team with bases A, B, and C
- line 3: bases D, E, and F
- line 4: zone with the main objectives (pillboxes)
- Strategically, the map is divided into 3 fronts:
- Eastern front
- Central front
- Western front
- Before a battle starts, players of both teams are evenly distributed among the fronts (10 players each).
- Players of attacking team start the battle in line 1.
- Players of defending team start the battle in line 2.
- At the initial stage of the battle, line 3 is not available to players of the attacking team. If an attacker drives into line 3, they will be attacked by an air strike of the defending team.
- At the initial stage of the battle, line 1 is not available to players of the defending team. If a defender drives into line 1, they will be attacked by an artillery strike of the attacking team.
- Once a battle starts, the attacking team has 12 minutes to destroy the main objectives (pillboxes) located in line 4.
- Lines 2 and 3 have three bases each; at the beginning of the battle the bases belong to the defending team.
- In order to advance to line 3, the attacking team should capture bases within line 2.
- Bases are captured in the standard way considering mode specifics:
- to capture a base players should drive inside the base circle
- up to 5 players can simultaneously capture a base
- a total of 150 capture points should be earned by all players to capture a base
- if an attacker receives damage when capturing a base, progress is not reset but blocked for 5 seconds
- in order to reset base capture progress, defenders should destroy an attacker inside the base circle
- When capturing a base in line 2 (A, B, or C), additional 120 seconds are added to the battle timer.
- When capturing a base in line 3 (D, E, or F), additional 240 seconds are added to the battle timer.
Base Defense System
- Bases D, E, and F (in line 3) have a unique defense system.
- The capture speed for these bases depends on the number of captured based in line 2.
- If the attacking team has captured one base in line 2, they will need to earn 400 points to capture a base in line 3.
- If the attacking team has captured two bases in line 2, they will need to earn 250 points to capture a base in line 3.
- If the attacking team has captured three bases in line 2, they will need to earn 150 points to capture a base in line 3.
- When the battle timer elapses and at least one attacker stays inside the base circle, overtime is triggered.
- Maximum overtime duration is 180 seconds.
- The overtime ends, if the attackers do not capture a base.
- If the attacking team captures a base during the overtime, extra time is added to the current battle timer.
- When the attacking team captures a base, it takes control over this particular zone. Example: if the attacking team captures base A, it takes control over the zone located on the Eastern front of line 1.
- Once the zone is captured by the attackers, the defenders have 60 seconds to leave the zone. When the 60-second timer elapses, all vehicles of the defending team that remain in this zone are attacked by an air strike.
- Once the attacking team captures a zone, the next zone becomes available for capturing. Example: if the attackers capture base A, zone D becomes available for capturing.
- When a zone in line 3 is captured, line 4 becomes available, and the attacking team can start destroying the main objective (pillboxes).
- These are the main objectives for the attacking team.
- Durability of each pillbox is 3,000 HPs.
- They can be destroyed with shells fired by players.
- Ultimate frontal armor of 2,000 mm.
- Side armor of 165 mm.
- The rear is the most vulnerable part of the pillboxes (70 mm).
- HE shells cause 50% of their damage to the pillboxes.
- When the player’s vehicle is destroyed, they are transferred to the respawn screen (if they have available vehicles for respawning).
- In this screen players can select:
- a vehicle to respawn in the battle. A player can select from any Tier VIII purchased vehicles. Such vehicles should be repaired and manned with a complete crew.
- consumables and shells. Standard consumables and shells will be resupplied automatically; Premium consumables/shells will be replenished only if they are available at player’s Depot.
- preferred flank:
- a flank where more than 15 allies are currently playing will not be available for deployment
- there is a limit of three SPGs per flank
- Respawning takes some time:
- the destroyed vehicle becomes unavailable for two minutes
- respawn cooldown of 30 seconds starts after a player enters the respawn screen
- The number of respawns is individual for each particular player.
- when a battle starts, all players have 2 respawns
- every 5 minutes the teams receive reinforcement, and each player receives an additional respawn
- a player can accumulate three respawns maximum
- Players can use the Repair Zones that are deployed on the battlefield.
- The radius of a Repair Zone is 25 meters.
- When a vehicle drives inside a Repair Zone, vehicle durability starts restoring:
- 100 HPs per second
- 10% of shells per second (from the initial number of the equipped shells)
- 100 crew HPs per second (conditionally)
- 100 module HPs (conditionally)
- All Premium shells and consumables are resupplied only if they are available at the Depot.
- When vehicle durability is restored to 100%, this Repair Zone becomes unavailable to this player for 2 minutes.
- If the player’s vehicle receives damage during the repair, this Repair Zone becomes unavailable for 25 seconds.
- Six Combat Reserves will be available in the mode.
- Artillery Strike
- Recon Flight: recon plane spots enemy vehicles within a particular map area.
- Engineering: provides a constant bonus to capture and resupply speed. Enemies receive increased capture block times and can be blocked from capturing all together by occupying the capture circle.
- Smoke Screen: a cloud of smoke deployed in a specified area and conceals allied vehicles
- Inspire: the vehicle’s crew and nearby crews within a small radius receive a bonus to their major qualifications
- Before joining a battle, players should equip the needed Combat Reserves to special slots.
- 1 to 3 Combat Reserve slots (depending on the vehicle type) will be available to players (1 slot for MTs and HTs, 2 slots for TDs, and 3 slots for LTs and SPGs).
- Every Combat Reserve has 5 levels.
- In order to level up the Combat Reserves, players will have to use Supply Points.
- Supply points are earned for each new account level.
- Players will receive ranks for effective performance in battle.
- The higher the rank owned at the end of the battle, the higher the final bonus to experience.
- There are 6 ranks in total:
- Private: all player start battle in this rank.
- Sergeant: +10% to experience.
- Lieutenant: +25% to experience.
- Captain: +50% to experience.
- Major: +100% to experience.
- General: +200% to experience.
An alternative version of hints that explain game mechanics and aspects will be available. The hints will provide additional information about complex game aspects, such as shells, consumables, equipment, vehicle modules, major qualification of the crew members, skills/perks, battle modes, etc. Such hints will be displayed upon pressing Alt, when viewing the standard hints.
“Suspicious message” alert
If you receive a message from a person not on your friends list and not a member of your clan, a special notification will appear reminding you of potential issues you might face if you open messages from strangers. After closing the notification several times, it will not be displayed any more.
New rules of purchasing shells and consumables
Premium shells and consumables can be purchased only for credits.
Added information about clans in the Stronghold mode
In the Stronghold mode, added functionality of displaying the top clans (according to Elo-rating), when waiting for an opponent in Skirmishes and Advances, and also when waiting for a new battle in Advances. Each division has its own top clans.
The information displays the clan emblem, clan tag, position on the leaderboard, and the Elo-rating.
Added a new summer map: Province.
Moved the respawn zones of both teams further from the center of the Glacier map. Now, there are specific respawn points for particlar vehicle types.
Improvements and Fixed Issues
- Fixed the issue of improperly displayed concealment values for unique Premium vehicles.
- Improved dynamic dirtying of vehicles.
- Fixed a number of issues related to penetration decals, missing sounds/effects of incoming hits, and improper display of the penetration marker.
VK 72.01 (K)
- Improved turret and hull side armor.
- Changed penetration of the Gr 39 H3A G shell for the 15 cm Kw.K. L/38 from 334 mm to 350 mm
The following vehicles have been added (Tiers I-X):
- Fiat 3000
- L6/40 and M14/41
- P.43 bis
- P.43 ter
- P.44 Pantera
- Prototipo Standard B
- Progetto M40 mod. 65
Added new Italian crew members: a total of 21 male and 23 female crew members.
- Replaced the 12150L7 engine (580 h.p.) with the 12150L7B engine (700 h.p.)
- Decreased dispersion on turret traverse of the 105 mm L7C gun by 17%
- Changed the reload time of the 105 mm L7C gun from 10.2 s to 8.7 s
- Changed the view range from 400 m to 420 m
- Changed penetration of the HEAT M456 shell from 330 mm to 350 mm
- Changed dispersion of 105 mm Gun M68 from 0.35 m to 0.33 m
- Decreased dispersion on gun traverse of 105 mm Gun M68 by 20%
- Changed the aiming time of 105 mm Gun M68 from 1.8 s to 1.6 s
- Changed penetration of the HEAT-T T384E4 shell from 330 mm to 350 mm
- Changed the top speed from 48.3 km/h to 50 km/h
- Changed the reverse speed from 20 km/h to 23 km/h
- Changed the engine power of the Continental AVDS-1790-2 engine from 750 h.p. to 950 h.p.
- Replaced the Continental AOI-1195-5 engine (560 h.p.) with the Continental AOI-1195-5A engine (750 h.p.)
- Decreased dispersion during movement by 25%
- Decreased dispersion on hull traverse by 25%
- Changed the reload time of 120 mm Gun T123E6 from 9.12 s to 8 s
- Changed the durability from 2,000 HP to 1,900 HP