While we are still waiting for Update 1.0.1 to bring Italian tanks to World of Tanks, a highly trusted source has sent me some information on the second nation everyone is waiting: Poland. The Polish community is on their toes to get their tanks added to the game, and with Wargaming staff starting to talk about these vehicles, I’m sure we will hear more about them very soon.
- The 4TP light tank will be introduced as Tier I.
- Tiers II to IV will be light tanks, showcasing early years in Polish tank building. These tanks were inspired by British designs, like Vickers Mk.E and others.
- Tier V will introduce medium tanks to the branch.
- Tier VI and VII are experimental medium tank models.
- Mid/High Tiers of the tech tree will see designs influenced by German and Soviet tanks, featuring sloped armour.
- Tiers VIII, IX and X will be composed of heavy paper tanks, more precisely diploma projects.
- Heavy tanks should be highly dynamic with unique weapons.
- Polish branch will have a Tier VIII Premium heavy tank, introduced before the released of the branch. This tank is a prototype from early 50’s, no further details for now.
It looks like Wargaming has plans to re-introduce Polish tanks with a Tier VIII Premium tank, just like it did with the Italian branch, but this time we will get a heavy tank. I’ve also been told, the reason why we won’t see tanks used by Poland after WWII, is because they are modified versions of Soviet vehicles and Wargaming wanted to have as many unique vehicles as possible, instead of just introducing more clones.
Overall, I’m really interested and curious to see what Wargaming is bringing to the game, even if we get paper tanks. At least in my own opinion, better to get some different unique paper tanks based on real designs, than just more Soviet clones.