World of Tanks will finally get a completly new customization system, thanks to Amway921WOT, CIS Region Community Contributor for sharing a video with the new info.
Players will now be able to paint their tanks to their hearts content, selecting paint schemes, colours from a huge colour pallet and loads more. The new system will only be available for Tier VIII premium and all Tier X vehicles as a test and later will be extended to all Tiers.
Sources: WOT Express & Amway921WOT
- Customization system has beem reworked, but only partially. First iteration introduced to the game will be a test. Further development will be added with subquencial updates.
- Players are able to paint a tank in five different areas: gun, mantlet, hull, turret and chassis.
- A huge pallett of colours is available for players to use and customize their tanks.
- Players are able to select different colours/paterns for each individual area.
- New purchase system is planned, instead of 7 and 30 days, camouflages will be bough for X amount of battles. Permanent camouflage is still available for Gold.
- Interface to apply Emblems and Inscriptions has also changed.
- Players are able to add ageing effects to their tanks. For example, add rust or make it shinier.
- A new button will be available so players can disable all non-historical elements. It will also be possible for the player to see its own customizations and hide the ones from other players.
- New customization system will only be available for Premium Tier VIII and all Tier X vehicles to start.
- New customization system is planned to come with Update 9.21, but this can change depending on test results.