As usual, The Daily Bounce brings you the latest leaks of upcoming updates and features! All the following information has been confirmed and will be officially released next few days.
World of Tanks Update 1.13 Common Test is around the corner and it will be one of the biggest updates coming to the game in months. Update 1.13 will bring reworked HE shells mechanics and SPGs, new countering SPG features, improvements to four Tier VIII Premium tanks and six Reward tanks, a new mode called Recon Mission, new interface changes, changes to the map Minsk and blueprints! Here’s a resume of all upcoming changes with Update 1.13.
HE Shell Changes
The recent HE shell changes tested during Sandbox are now coming to World of Tanks. The main changes will be:
- HE shells will be able to penetrate armour and deal at the impact point;
- HE shells will be able to penetrate screens, tracks, wheels, walls, fences, etc;
- Characteristics changes for vehicles like KV-2, Type 5 Heavy, etc recently tested in Supertest will be introduced.
Three new features will be introduced to the game, all of them tested during Sandbox too:
- Sixth Sense for Arty
- Brighter shell tracers
- Fire markers on the minimap
All three new features are most welcome to the game and received overwhelmingly positive feedback during the Sandbox test.
SPGs vehicles will go back to having three types of shell available to them. Yet another change tested during Sandbox makes to the game and will possibly bring positive changes to the game:
- Standard HE: Deals stun and have a large burst radius, but they deal low damage and have low penetration value.
- Alternative HE: High penetration and decent damage, but have no stun effect and a small burst radius.
- Tactical AP: Deal maximum damage and with good penetration value, no stun and no burst radius.
Together with the new shells, the Intuition perk will also be reworked and will be available for all commanders. The reworked skill will allow players to quickly change between shells types in any vehicle!
Several Premium and Reward tanks went to Supertest with some changes recently and it seems they will get their changes with Update 1.13:
- Tier VIII M41D
- Tier VIII FV1066 Senlac
- Tier VIII T92
- Tier VII T23E3
- Tier VIII Chieftain/T95
- Tier VIII KV-4 Kreslavskiy
- Tier VIII IS-5
- Tier VIII ISU-130
- Tier X M60
- Tier X 121B
Good news for the owners of these vehicles, as they will become more competitive and better for the current meta.
New Feature: Recon Missions
Ever wanted to participate in World of Tanks map development? Well, you now will have the chance for it. A brand new feature will be introduced to World of Tanks: Recon Missions. These will allow you to test and try out maps in late development stages, giving you the opportunity to help improve these maps.
After playing a determined number of battles in Recon Missions, players will be offered the opportunity to vote for the best map and give feedback. The mode will also bring rewards to all participating players, making it worth the time you spend playing.
Minsk Changes & Interface Improvements
Minsk will receive a lot of the changes recently tested and it will feel like a new map, with a lower water level in the river, borders changed to create new playable areas and loads of different cover implements and changes.
The interface will also receive some improvements, with three new features:
- Allied and enemy HP in the player list
- Allied and enemy HP in the minimap
- Commander Camera
The blueprint system receive a slight change with the national fragments conversion. The change will follow up the Second Front of Personal Missions logic, all nations are grouped into four and will allow players to convert national fragments of a certain nation, into another one.
- Alliance: Poland, U.K., U.S.A.
- Bloc: Germany, Japan
- Coalition: Czechoslovakia, France, Italy, Sweden
- Union: China, U.S.S.R.
So, with this change, you can convert Polish national fragments into British or American national fragments, for example. But, there are two things you need to keep in mind:
- A 1 to 6 ratio is applied when converting fragments;
- You can only use national fragments of one nation when converting.
For example, if you want to create one blueprint for a British vehicle that require 4 UK fragments, you can replace those 4 fragments with 24 Polish or American fragments, but you can not use 2 UK fragments and 12 Polish or American fragments. This will allow you to use up national fragments you might not need anymore in other nations, a nice change for the blueprint system.