It’s not a joke, but a dedicated event for April Fools’ Day and it’s going to be fun! Jump back in time with World of Tanks Classic to Update 0.7.0. Do you remember Update 0.7.0 that released in 2011? In those glory days, the KV-3 was still capable of one-shotting you, the elusive T-50-2 struck terror into the hearts of artillery fans, and the formidable Maus could hold an entire flank all on its own, simply by blocking the bridge on Erlenberg.
At that time, we had only just introduced replays and the ability to put camouflage on vehicles. Today’s newcomers, or those who joined World of Tanks after Update 1.0, may not understand why a solitary tear rolls down our veterans’ cheeks when they remember those simpler times.
World of Tanks 0.7.0: More Than Just Nostalgia
Back in the day, World of Tanks was a very different experience, and the game physics allowed players to work wonders. Just thinking about it made us nostalgic. So from March 29 to April 3, we’re giving veterans a chance to relive those glory days and newcomers the opportunity to experience a piece of tanking history, even if it’s only for a limited time!
What’s So Interesting About 0.7.0?
Of course, even after 8 years, the game resembles the World of Tanks of 2011 in some respects, but in many ways, it’s an entirely different game.
Previously, game physics were much simpler. In version 0.7.0, you can easily hang off bridges and rocks, your vehicle doesn’t roll downhill. Also, tanks don’t turn over or leave the ground, and destroyed vehicles cannot be moved.
Graphics and Sounds
Graphics in “Tanks” from ver. 0.7.0 will put you in a nostalgic mood thanks to the “old school” rendering and simplified details. They are less demanding on system resources, so the game will run even on PCs with low performance. The old soundtracks with their long-forgotten tunes will awaken fond memories.
In WoT Classic, there is no Sixth Sense, so watch out and always remember that adversaries can spot you at the most unexpected moment. Play wisely and choose the right position on the battlefield!
Only three nations are available: the USSR, Germany, and the USA – and separately the Type 59, a legendary Chinese Medium tank. The composition of branches was different: there were fewer vehicles, and only heavy tanks could sit at Tier X. You will get 4 sets of Crew members for each nation, with three researched skills (Firefighting, Repairs, Concealment). The Type 59 has one Crew member for each specialty.
At that time, there was no 3-5-7 system or other templates. The balance of different vehicle classes in teams was not always respected, and the number of SPGs per team wasn’t limited. You could also play Platoons with vehicles of different tiers.
Gold Ammo for Gold
In WoT Classic, golden ammo and improved consumables can only be purchased using gold. During the event, you will be credited with gold, credits, and Free Experience.
SPGs without Stun
In version 0.7.0, arty didn’t stun and could fire armour-piercing/ HEAT-shells with huge damage, inspiring fear among enemies. On the other hand, the reloading time, accuracy, and dispersion of SPG guns were noticeably lower than today.
But that’s not all, here’s what else awaits you:
- A separate server and a separate game client
- “Old school” game physics. You can easily hang off bridges and rocks and your vehicle doesn’t roll downhill. Also, tanks don’t flip over or leave the ground, and destroyed vehicles cannot be moved even by an E 100 Platoon.
- General chat. Feel free to communicate with your adversaries throughout the battle, but don’t forget the World of Tanks Game Rules.
- Simplified economy. During the event, you will be able to research and purchase top-tier vehicles much faster. Also, Premium tanks, camouflage and equipment costs are also reduced. Remember: Anything you purchase in WoT Classic will not be transferred to the current version of World of Tanks!
More about the economy
Don’t worry about resources, during the event you will be credited with enough game Gold, Credits and Free Experience. But remember, you can’t take any of these back to the main server.
- Friday, March 29: 900 Gold, 220,000 Credits, 3,100 Free XP.
- Saturday, March 30: 1 000 Gold, 200 000 Credits, Free XP is not increased.
- Sunday, March 31: 2,200 Gold, 200,000 Credits, 15,000 Free XP.
- Monday, April 1: 5,000 Gold, 1,200,000 Credits, 40,000 Free XP.
- Tuesday April 2: 15,000 Gold, 1,200,000 Credits, 40,000 Free XP.
- On the closing day, April 3, no accruals are made.
- Also, a simplified economy operates in WoT Classic – a reduced price applies to the study of technology.
The dog is back with a unique style!
By participating in WoT Classic, you can earn a unique style with an inscription and an emblem.
To do this, you just need to play three battles on the World of Tanks Classic server. The Style, inscription and emblem can only be used on the main server but can be used on any tank you want.