Update 1.11.1 will bring some nice changes to the Platoon system, where you will be able to platoon with friends as before, but also use the new “Find Players” feature to automatically form a Platoon.
You can use the new system to automatically find players who best fit your Platoon, scored according to the following search criteria:
- Current Global World of Tanks Rating (*WTR). The system will first select players that differ from you by ≤500 WTR. If no suitable tankers are found, the search will expand to include players with a greater difference in ratings.
- Number of available vehicles in your preferred tiers. You can select several vehicle tiers to find players who will best suit your Platoon’s composition. For example, players with Tier VIII or X tanks. Only battle-ready tanks will be counted. This scoring will be done separately for each tier, and players with more tanks of your chosen tier are more likely to be matched.
- Number of battles in each of your selected tiers. Selected tiers will also be expanded after a while in the search.
- Voice chat enabled or disabled. If you activate this option, you can still mute individual Platoon players.
- Clan members. You are more likely to be matched to members of your clan who meet the above criteria.
After exiting the Platoon search function when searching for an existing Platoon as a solo player, there will be a short cooldown period before you can use it again.
Remember, you will still need to manually select the tank you want to use before entering battle; the matchmaker will not automatically pick one for you, even if you have enabled the vehicle search filters.
The dynamic Platoon icon at the top of your screen will change to show your Platoon status: player search in progress, ready for battle, and so on.