Supertest: Premium Ammo Changes3 min read
One of the most awaited changes to the game is now entering the Supertest stage: the overall 25–30% drop in damage for special rounds. The objective is to make shell choice more thoughtful in battle and lowering the damage of high penetration shells.
This is the very first testing iteration aimed at general evaluation, for now, it’s merely a rebalance of special shells’ damage, without any adjustments to their cost. The Supertest will be conducted with a limited selection of vehicles to check:
- the viability of the idea and the impact of its implementation on the game;
- the effect of lowering the special shells’ damage has on the total damage dealt;
- the overall combat efficiency of the vehicles involved in testing.
Set in stone or subject to change?
The decision to decrease special rounds’ damage isn’t set in stone as it’s still in development so it may change significantly. After the first testing run, Wargaming will decide what to do next:
- Change the amount of damage slashed off the special rounds and fine-tune the stats of individual vehicles
- Enlarge the pool of tanks in the Supertest to gather even more data.
- Or course we’ll take into consideration your feedback on the changes proposed.
A varied list of very different vehicles was selected for the initial test. For some vehicles having APDSs as their basic rounds, they have been substituted with AP shots of the same speed. Likewise, for the vehicles with AP rounds as their specials, they have been replaced with APDSs.
Wargaming will track the distribution of damage done per shell type, the changes in vehicles’ battle stats with regard to their class and role, and lots of other parameters. These are the questions Wargaming is aiming to get an answer to with the test:
- How much shall the special rounds’ damage, especially against well-armoured targets, drop? This is one of the key areas the players on heavily armoured vehicles asked.
- How shall the damage be re-distributed between the two other shell types? Wargaming aim is to reduce the special rounds damage against well-armoured targets in particular. Thus the overall damage of other shell types could grow; they want to check whether it’s true during the test.
- How shall the share of HE shell damage change? Currently, the total share of HE damage is small and it’s not intended to be changed. Overall, the combined special HE shell damage is mostly dealt by the Type 4 Heavy and the Type 5 Heavy tanks. The special round for the Type 5 Heavy will be substituted with a HESH with an alpha of 750 points and a penetration of 193 mm.
- How shall the rebalance affect the battle performance of individual vehicles? Wargaming knows that currently certain tanks are played with a greater-than-average special to non-special rounds ratio, to increase their efficiency. So we want to assess how these vehicles’ performance changes.
List of Changes
|Vehicle||Old Damage||New Damage|
|Jagdpanzer E 100||1050||735|
|AMX 13 90||240||180|
|Bat.-Chatillon 25 t||390||290|
|AMX AC mle. 48||400||300|
|TVP T 50/51||320||240|
|Progetto M40 mod. 65||360||270|
|WZ 111 G-FT||560||410|
|Type 5 Heavy||1400||770|
The testing is just starting, and your feedback will help take the correct decisions. Let us know what you think down in the comment section.
15,466 thoughts on “Supertest: Premium Ammo Changes”
Sorry but unless your an exceptional player your argument does not stand up, Have you tried penning a TYPE 5 heavy for example anywhere with less than 250 pen? just 1 example but there are plenty of others, You only mention Lights and Meds what about the players who play TDS and Heavies are you discounting them?
And you are one of those morons who things heavies shoudnt be peneterated at all?
Im not saying make armour useless, all im saying make possible to use standard ammo, atleast that tier X can pen other tier X, just give some weakspots. Its just stupid game design that you cant pen type 5 frontally with standart ammo but if you load gold you just have to hit flat space and its a pen.
Or maus was perfectly fine, you could pen unangled turret with std ammo, now they buff it and you have to load gold, basically nothing changed except now you have to load gold.
Also your statement that armour is useless is completely false, hevies are tank cl*** which dominates game at the moment.
Comments are closed.