The third Sandbox iteration is here and is devoted to testing important and complex changes to SPG and other vehicle types. From a new skill called Sound Detection, brighter shell tracers, markers of SPG shots on the minimap and the reworked Intuition skill, there is plenty to test and to see how these changes can influence the gameplay.
To make things easier to understand, Wargaming has released a video that explains every change with many details, because of this, I highly recommend you to watch it or read the official article before you head out to the Sandbox Server. The third Sandbox iteration will run from March 09 through March 16, so make sure you give them a try and send feedback to Wargaming when the time comes.
Quick List of Changes
- Brighter Shells Tracers – shell tracers will become much more noticeable, so its easier to see them and understand from where you are getting hit by SPG.
- Sixth Sense for Arty – A new indicator will display when an SPG fires a shot if your vehicle is inside the affected area.
- Minimap Shot Markers – A new minimap indicator will show you where the SPG last hit their shots, making it possible for you to make tactical decisions and even know when the approximate enemy SPG reload time.
- Three Shell Types – This is not necessarily new, but something that should have never left the game. We will get again the possibility to test three shell types with SPG:
- Standard HE Shell – Large burst radius, low damage, low penetration, stun.
- Alternative HE Shell – No stun, small burst radius, higher damage, higher penetration.
- Tactical Shell – No stun, no burst radius, high damage and high penetration, must hit the target to deal damage.
- Changing Shell Types Quickly – Intuition perk will be worked and will become a skill that changes the shell type loaded more quickly. Fully trained will speed up reloading by 70%, but go up to 84% with other skills/consumables/equipment. The skill only works when reloading a new shell type, not the overall reload, for example, when a Standard HE is loaded and you want to reload a Tactical Shell, with the reworked Intuition skill can take off 70% of that reload time.
- SPG Ammo Interface Changes – New interface features will also be introduced, where you will be able to see which shell type is loaded and they will have coloured indicators:
- Green Indicator means there are no obstacles in the path of the shell
- Red Indicator means the shell won’t reach the target
- Zoom scale indicator is now displayed on the interface
- Estimated shell travel time indicator next to the crosshair
A lot of changes, but are they positive for the game? Let us know your thoughts down in the comment section.