World of Tanks Asia will receive an important and exclusive micro patch in an attempt to fix two issues: matchmaking and low tier player population. Wargaming is aware of two main issues, after considerate and thorough feedback gathering:
- Long waiting times in the queue (especially at Tiers I to V) on the ANZ server
- Current matchmaking is often not enjoyable for lower-tier tanks as there is a high ratio of battles in which tanks can feel ineffective
To try and solve these issues, Wargaming will live trial some changes to determine the ideal environment for players and an Asia-exclusive micro patch will be released on 13th November. The micro patch will introduce the following changes:
- Tweaking the matchmaker to give more two-tier battles, rather than the most common three-tier battles in the 3-5-7 system
- The addition of bots for Tier I to V battles on the ANZ server
This micro patch aims to maximize players battlefield experience. It does this by addressing two key points for all tiers:
- Improve the combat experience for all tanks
- Switching priorities to decrease the number of battles where there are three tiers within a single battle
The trial matchmaker will switch its priority and increase the number of two-tier battles when compared to the classic 3-5-7. This means that there are new templates:
- 6-9 (for Tiers X and IX)
- 7-8 (for all Tiers) [Note: This will become the main template for all players]
Also, those who take to battle in preferential Premium vehicles will see an increasing amount of battles with vehicles the same or one-tier lower. While it will be possible to get into a battle with vehicles one-tier higher, these instances will be rarer due to switching priorities.
Please remember this is a trial, the first step to adjust and help create the future matchmaker architecture. At the moment there is no finalized date when the trial will end.
The decision to add bots was taken to make the game more convenient for those playing at the lower tiers. With adding more tanks and vehicles into the queue, those who are new to the game or starting a new tech tree will spend less time staring at the timer and more time in adrenaline-fueled battles!
In case you missed it before, here are all the details you need to know about the bot addition and how they will impact gameplay:
|MAXIMUM NUMBER OF BOTS PER TEAM:||7|
|WAITING LIMIT:||20 seconds (or more) before the matchmaker adds bots to a battle|
|HOW TO DISTINGUISH:||Colon (“:”) and a special badge|
|MAPS PLAYED:||Karelia, Prokhorovka, Mines, Redshire, Steppes, Fisherman’s Bay, Ensk, Lakeville, Ruinberg, Murovanka, Erlenberg, Siegfried Line, Cliff, Sand River, El Halluf, Airfield, Mountain Pass, Mannerheim Line, Glacier, Serene Coast, Overlord|