Changes to three (3) existing maps have arrived on Supertest: Cliff, Westfield, and Live Oaks. All three maps have received a number of balance tweaks, which will now undergo testing on the Supertest servers.
All of the changes shown/discussed below are subject to change before release.
- These changes have been made to remedy a small imbalance in favor of the lower team, which exists due to lines of fires from the base to the central part of the map wherein mostly heavy tanks fight.
- The line of fire from the base (square J3) near the heavy tanks at the center of the map was reduced significantly to improve the gameplay comfort for heavy vehicles.
- Small intermediate terrain cover was added on the upper base side in the heavy tank zone (square E5).
- The rock was slightly enlarged to cover the line of fire at heavy tanks (square G5). Similar changes were made to the opposite side.
- A pit (squares D4–D5) where light and medium tanks could drop to was removed. (This position played the role of a trap—tanks rolled in and couldn’t play effectively from that position anymore.) The height of the rock was also reduced to open a line of fire at the hill from the base position usually occupied by TDs.
- A solo boost-up (square F7) was removed.
- The map has a small imbalance in favor of the upper base. Taking the passage to the town by the lower team is difficult due to lines of fire at the vehicle route into town.
- The lower team also has some difficulties with attacking the upper base from the town and along the lowland.
- The town was reworked to provide more comfortable gameplay for heavy tanks.
- The routes into town and to the bases were improved. Now, reaching the town from the lower base is safer.
- The gameplay area for the lower base team was improved to provide more positions from which to attack and defend the direction.
- Intermediate cover was added for the lower team when attacking the upper base along the lowland.
- The “pit” (squares A1–A3) was reworked.
The upper team players can no longer fire using gun depression in the early stages of battle.
A more convenient pocket for the upper team players was added (square A2).
- Wreckage was added (square C1), functioning as a pocket that allows for completely hiding the tank hull from enemy fire.
- The village layout was reworked (squares D4, D5, and E5) to remove the line of fire (squares E6–E7) at the lower team’s heavy tanks at the ridge (square C3).
- The hill terrain (square K7) was changed for safer and more convenient gameplay for the lower team’s medium tanks.
- Rocks were added and the terrain was changed on the cliff (square G4) to prevent vehicles from accidentally falling.
- On the route of vehicles to the medium tank direction at the start of battle (squares D9–D0), rocks were removed to prevent vehicles from jumping on them.
As a reminder, all of the above revisions are subject to change before release. Assuming these are deemed successful in testing, they will likely be introduced into the game sometime later this year/early next year.