Massive thanks to Garbad for another yet review, this time on the ELC EVEN 90. Is it worth the money and your time?
With WG releasing the EVEN, a lot of people are wondering if they should buy this little terror. Most people have given it negative reviews, but most reviewers are not very interested in scouting. I thought it might be useful to help people understand what they are getting into from the perspective of a team first, scout oriented player.
- 3 clip autoloader with moderate burst time (2.5s) and alpha (220 x 3)
- PAINFULLY UNPLAYABLE DPM (~1200)
- Horrendous bloom and aim time values (2.8)
- Good penetration (AP 175, APRC 215)
- Good depression (-9) but awful elevation (+13)
- Decent accuracy (.36) with slow shell speed (760/950)
The firepower of the EVEN is very mixed. On the positive side, 660 burst is decent with good penetration and even somewhat comfortable depression and shell velocity. On the negative side, its DPM is so poor its nearly impossible to carry and bloom so poor bursting is sketchy. This combination made me play like a scavenger – capable of finishing wounded targets but unable to directly pub lift by DPM.
- Excellent camo (.46), among the best in the game
- Compact size and shape
- Literally no armour
- Low HP pool (900)
The EVEN is an excellent scout, with .46 camo on the move (perhaps the best in the game). Often overlooked is its camo while firing – 11.62. This is better than the feared 416 camo abuser and second only to the no net E-25 (12.3). Think about that for a second – the EVEN has almost identical camo sniping potential as an E-25… with an autoloader, twice the alpha, better penetration, and a turret.
- Excellent top speed (70) and turning (~45)
- Brisk acceleration, but not as quick as some lights
- Extremely lightweight and small
The EVEN speed is about par for what you would expect. It’s not quite as fast as some but more than adequate in every respect. Its lightweight also can be a major liability – every little tree will kill your speed, and small bumps can make you jump like a dirtbike because of russian physics. And God helps you if you get rammed…
OPness & Fun Factor
- Probably a very weak stat padder/carry hard tank
- Decent trainer and potentially useful in competitive/stronghold play
- Likely a very poor credit earner – I predict it averages near bottom in tier DPG
This astonishing camo sniping ability would make the EVEN horrendously overpowered if it had the DPM to work with. As it is, you have a tank that has tremendous.
If you like pure scouting, this is a great tank. If you like E-25/Object 416 camo abusing, this may be your tank (low DPM really, really hurts though). If you want a noob friendly WN8 padder, keep looking. Overall, I don’t recommend this to the masses but for those few of you who enjoy this style of play, this is a must buy.
I CAN’T EVEN!