As I said before, not it’s no joke and no April Fool’s, the M6A2E1 got credited as a rental to my account for seven days, so I could test it. The tank will be available again, for one single day on April 1st 2017 and it’s one of the rarest tanks in the game.
The M6A2E1 was a further development of the T1 and M6 heavy tanks. Developed in August 1944, the vehicle had a larger turret and the 105mm gun. Never saw mass production.
- Tier VIII Heavy Tank
- Cost: 7,500 Gold
- Hit Points: 1,500
- Gun 105 mm Gun T5E1E – Tier VIII
- Shell Type: AP / APCR / HE
- Shell Avg. Penetration: 192 / 245 / 53 mm
- Shell Avg. Damage: 320 / 320 / 420
- Reload Time: 9.82s
- Rate of Fire: 6.11 rounds/min
- Aiming Time: 2.1s
- Average Damage per Minute: 1,956 HP/min
- Accuracy: 0.39
- Gun Depression/Elevation Angles: -10 / +20 deg
- Turret Traverse Speed: 25.08 deg/s
- Traverse Speed: 26.17 deg/s
- Terrain Resistance
- Hard: 1.05
- Medium: 1.37
- Soft: 2.62
- Hull Armour: 191 / 66 / 51 mm
- Turret Armour: 229 / 86 / 208 mm
- Weigh/Load Limit: 67.76 / 70.5t
- Engine Power: 960 hp
- Specific Power: 14.17 hp/t
- Top Speed / Reverse Speed: 29 / 10 km/h
- Concealment of Stationary Vehicle: 3.03 (%)
- Concealment of Moving Vehicle: 2.51 (%)
- View Range: 411 m (380 base value)
- Signal Range: 621 m
- Crew: 5 (Commander, Driver, Gunner, Loader, Radio Operator)
Note: Values for 100% Crew with Brothers in Arms, Recon, Situational Awareness, Snap Shot and Smooth Ride. Tank equipped with Ventilation, Large-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer and Vertical Stabilizer Mk 2.
- Improved Ventilation
- Large-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer
- Coated Optics or Vertical Stabilizer
Analysis and Opinion
One of the rarest tanks in the game available for one day, but is it worth getting? My first impression when I started playing it was: nop!
It takes a few games to get used to it and after you learn how it plays, it becomes a decent Premium Heavy Tank. The tank is not a flanker or nor you will be able to fight for key positions with it, with it’s top speed of 29 km/h you will feel sluggish compared to other tanks, but it’s 14.17hp/t of specific power means you will get to your top speed very quickly and it won’t look so slow when climbing a hill.
When it comes to armour, the tank has a lot of it frontally but as soon as you start giving you side to any enemy aiming at you, your hit points will go from 1,500 to 0 very fast. Also be aware there is a weak spot at the front of the turret, where one area is 152.4mm and any gun with 198mm average penetration will get you there. Its side armour and rear armour are very weak too, so try to keep your frontal armour towards your enemies.
But you are playing against it, the first instinct is to track the tank and see if you can deal some damage at the front wheel. Don’t fall for this, because as you can see, the tanks is very well protected frontally and it has a very weird armour shape, plus the tracks offer 20mm more amour. Also if you are shooting at it on its side, remember there is 25mm space armour protecting the tracks, so try to shoot at the upper area of the hull’s side.
When it comes to gun handling, it’s almost like playing with a T32 but you will never have to fight Tier X vehicles. 198mm average gun penetration might seem low, but you won’t have much problems facing almost any vehicle. The only vehicles that will be your nemesis, will be Super Heavy Tanks like the Type 4 Heavy, VK 100.01P or the Mauschen because you will struggle to penetrate any of these vehicles.
Also if you get matched in a Tier IX match, do your best to avoid direct confront with Tier IX vehicles, their guns won’t have much problems penetration your frontal armour.
But can everything be bad or just average? Well, no. You can use some of your weakness to your advantage, for example your height. The tank is very tall, so if you face hug or engage enemies at very short range you actually can negate their armour because you will be shooting them from a higher position. An example of this is the IS-3, it’s a very low tank that relies on it’s steep armour angles, by engaging it at a closer range you will be able to penetrate it’s frontal or turret roof armour. Also the tank has very good gun depression, so play hull down and you will see the full power of the tank, but remember your accuracy isn’t the best, so take your time aiming your shots and make them count.
Overall I liked the tank, but I don’t consider it one of the best tanks out there. It can easily do credits if you get a decent amount of damage, but it can become very expensive to play if you miss your shots because each shell costs 1,000 credits.
There are better alternatives out there, like the T26E5 and even maybe the T34, but overall when I compare the M6A2E1 to the T34, I would prefer the first because of it’s matchmaking and because it’s slight better mobility. But if you are looking for that special premium, then the T26E5 is without a doubt the best one out of the three.
The Good & Bad
- Good frontal armour;
- Good gun depression;
- Special Matchmaking;
- Decent base view range of 380 meters;
- Good aim time;
- Good credit maker.
- Mediocre Damage per Minute;
- Bad side armour;
- Very big and tall;
- Bad top speed and bad terrain resistances;
- Gun dispersion;
- Slow turn speed and turret traverse speed.
Should you buy it?
Reasons to Buy
- Special Matchmaking
- You’re a Tank Collector
- It’s one of the rarest tanks in the game
Reasons to NOT Buy
- You’re a scrub lord and don’t want to support WG in anyway
- You already have several good Premium money makers
- If you don’t like the T34, you won’t like the M6A2E1
- Very expensive bundle price
- There are better alternatives like the T26E5